Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ancients Are Difficult Now...

Gryffinhart

A: Auras. They stack and can bring a decently modded weapon, let alone ability, down to zero. B: That @(*()$ scorpion pull. Drags us into hordes of poison and melee. Not cool. oh, and don't say "focus the ancients" because in higher levels they're almost as common as the base infested.

Edit: Feel free to change the title to something less offensive, mods.

Edited by Gryffinhart

Difficult?  Probably.  Fair?  Probably not.  What they lack is a clear telegraph, because with that it would simply be the player's fault for not moving.  They can easily hide in a crowd and pull you through it, and it was impossible to see that the ancient was going to do that to begin with.

Though as a rule I would probably move away from making titles and body text that makes you seem like you're complaining about things because they are difficult, because that will probably lead to quite a bit of "git gud" from the community, even when a mechanic, like this one, does not appropriately facilitate the gitting of gud.

I do agree the stacking damage resist from healing ancients needs to have a limit, or not stack period. Otherwise they present a much needed bit of difficulty to infested missions, which used to be a bit of a laugh in terms of difficulty.

i agree

on the top of that at high level survivals infested spawn too many energy leech eximi (i assume that is the plural of eximus) that kind of eximus unit should be disabled for infested since ancient disruptors already proc magnetic and have an aura that makes all infested proc magnetic and this is extremely unfair for energy reliant frames specially since the energy leech aura is completely invisible

I don't want them to remove the auras, they are a nice change, it's the fact they stack and can be quite potent. Well, the disruptor one could do without the 100% energy drain, but other than that... plus yeah the scorpion pull thing. Though, I think there should be an infested that pulls you over a moderate range. Just, the common...ness... it is now is kinda bonkers.

Edited by Gryffinhart

The ancients are really way out there.  I prismed a horde of infested and it dealt no damage to any of them because of an ancient.  And with the Runners doing the amount of damage they are doing along with the Crawlers, I couldn't even do an ODD alone with an ogris.  Lost on wave five.  They are way too intense now.  I can only do it as Vauben and even then, I'll need to use Bastile all the time.  It isn't fun.

... Eheheheh. I don't hate them as much anymore. A mind control takes their op aura and brings it over to my side. Nothing like a good armor boost from a healer. Now, if only I could get my allies to not kill my pets,

Edited by Gryffinhart

Besides the insane range of the pull attack and the super crazy healing aura, there's also the fact that Volatile Runners now explode whenever you kill them with a gun. This ladies and gentlemen is the worst freakin idea ever. It basically is an instant fail in defense because once they get into the high levels you get some serious damage on the pod. And don't even get me started on my stupid kubrow running into them. Also when are Chargers ever going to be nerfed? They just buffed their speed while leaving them with seriously crazy damage. It just goes against the description and all logic. Giving an enemy crazy speed, the ability to follow you everywhere, and the ability to basically instantly kill you at high levels is insane. Fix Chargers for logic's sake. Keep the speed but just give them like 1 damage or something...

I would say that the ancients and infested have gotten a well desevered buff. However, the buff as of now is not good for gameplay.

I actually like the change to the ancients; the auras are a nice mechanic and makes them more of a challenge, yet the dispersion of damage and the disruptors need to be tweaked. After testing with Nyx and using Absorb, I found that a cluster of healer ancients (lv 20) can survive 50k worth of absorbed damage. That's fairly shocking to say the least, especially they increasingly become bullet sponges at higher levels.

Now, they can be killed easily from afar with a good weapon. The problem is certainly clear when they start swarming at high levels and group together in one giant mass of aura filled murder. Individually = good, groups = death. This is not just a problem for vets who do high level missions but is a problem for everyone, particularly new players who may not be as well equipped or skilled. If a lv 10 ancient can take damage like a brick wall, there's a problem. I say give the damage dispersion a lower cap, not the 90% it is now, or at least don't let the damage dispersion stack with multiple ancients.

Furthermore, I'm going to assume that the disruptors are bugged since they're not supposed to instantly take your energy. This needs to be fixed, quickly I hope, because there's a huge problem with their grab attack. By the time your warframe stands up after being pulled, their arm will slap the energy right out of you. Despite the slower attack animation, the 100% energy loss rate every time you get pulled is not fun. Unless you have teammates who can kill the ancient quickly, you are guaranteed to lose energy. This becomes terribly difficult when you have multiple disruptors grabbing and smacking you constantly to where your energy is never going to regen. The infested should overwhelm you because they're a flood of monsters but not to the point where you can't walk. The disruptors should have their mechanic fixed and perhaps do something about the guaranteed slap to the face you get.

This should not be about "getting better at the game and avoiding every single hazard" and "bring better gunz lol." People make mistakes and when their mistakes turn into total mission failure because of one broken mechanic, that is not fun gameplay.