Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Since Some Rare Mods Are Changed To Uncommon, Will I Get A Refund?

Valkrieger

I recently bought around 6 Dragon mod packs, these guarantee at least 2 rare cards. Since the latest patch some of the rare cards are now uncommon such as Fury (Melee Attack speed, Warframe skills, etc.) If I knew this update was going to happen I would have at least saved my platinum after.

There was multiple thread asking for this very thing when the rares became rare and now you people act all surprised? How could you not see this coming?

And yes it is a Beta, the game will change. Sometimes minor changes will occur sometimes big major ones will. You have to live with it and adapt. If it turns out to be such a bad idea that all the community together opposes it, it will be changed again for sure.

So you people are not happy with this, the reset is your answer. Changes during the beta are exacly why the Dev are making the reset option available to us. The later it is, the better imo.

There was multiple thread asking for this very thing when the rares became rare and now you people act all surprised? How could you not see this coming?

There's tons of new players almost everyday. Maybe If I played as long as you I might have seen this comming.

Honestly, the reset is probably going to be very useful. I bought the Frost bundle early on and I kind of regret it now, I could have individually bought just the items I wanted for less. I don't really want to lose my progress, but in the long run I'll be better off. You are basically in the same boat. Once the reset comes, you can get all your plat back and start from scratch and you'll know exactly what you actually want.

Edit: As for buying the mod packs, you should have known that the drop rates would become better seeing as how everyone was complaining.

Edited by FiendFyre

Honestly, the reset is probably going to be very useful. I bought the Frost bundle early on and I kind of regret it now, I could have individually bought just the items I wanted for less. I don't really want to lose my progress, but in the long run I'll be better off. You are basically in the same boat. Once the reset comes, you can get all your plat back and start from scratch and you'll know exactly what you actually want.

Edit: As for buying the mod packs, you should have known that the drop rates would become better seeing as how everyone was complaining.

Yeah, I guess all I can do now is just wait for the reset. Going to stick to just buying cosmetics and Orokin powerups.

How will it be different if this exact situation happened to players if this game wasn't in Beta? 

One would hope it wouldn't, but even then that's to be expected of an online game. I'm only saying that Warframe is still currently in beta, so one should expect things to change.

One would hope it wouldn't, but even then that's to be expected of an online game. I'm only saying that Warframe is still currently in beta, so one should expect things to change.

True. I just feel a little cheated I guess. I mean if it didn't involve platinum I wouldn't this be upset about it. Now I'm wondering if they updated the Dragon Mod pack now or if it's still the same.

There's tons of new players almost everyday. Maybe If I played as long as you I might have seen this comming.

I'm barely a week+ older than you...

Maybe your timing is bad. But you are not alone. There is always someone new at some point in time. This can't be an argument to prevent a game in its beta state to make major changes to it.

This kind of bad timing happened to me in the past too, got to live with it. Everytime something gets nerfed or buffed there is always people that will end up mad or happy about it, but we can't expect Devs to micro-manage every single case and give refunds to everyone everytime for this. Who's the say the game won't change some more and this time you will be on the good end.

I'm barely a week+ older than you...

Maybe your timing is bad. But you are not alone. There is always someone new at some point in time. This can't be an argument to prevent a game in its beta state to make major changes to it.

This kind of bad timing happened to me in the past too, got to live with it. Everytime something gets nerfed or buffed there is always people that will end up mad or happy about it, but we can't expect Devs to micro-manage every single case and give refunds to everyone everytime for this. Who's the say the game won't change some more and this time you will be on the good end.

Wasn't using it as an argument to keep a game from being updated, just a reply to your "How did you not see this comming?"

Either way, I agree that it was a bad timing on my part. But since it does involve platinum, real life money, it should be taken into consideration that platinum purchases shouldn't be affected that bad. I agreed to purchase an item that gives me guaranteed 2 rares, most of the time I only got 1 and sometimes even no rare because of this recent update.

Edited by mc2sk8er

yeah f2per here,so you can ignore this if you want:

But this is a case of you get what you paid for because of what it was worth to you at that time.

You bought a mod pack that guaranteed rares, and you got them, when they were rare. It helped you get a (slight) edge over whoever else didn't buy and had to farm for those same rares. You got what you wanted.

But I stress again, it was at that time. Sure you may not have known the change was coming, but it was worth it to you then to buy those mods and get ahead.

This isn't that much different from buying a game the day before it goes on sale. And yes, some places will give you refunds in those cases, some won't. But I'm fairly sure this practice is less common with digital games/goods. Look at it another way, there's probably someone out there who bought the dual skanas with platinum recently only to find out they're half off now.

Still, the point you made about the packs needing to be updated should probably be checked. I'm unclear as to whether you said you did buy more since the patch or not. Your opening post seems to suggest you bought them before the patch but your recent one seems to say you did it now. If it is the latter case and you are not getting your guaranteed two current rares, then yes, you should get a refund.