Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Who Play Firefall?

snrd3r

I played Firefall a few months ago for about a week. The game sounded extremely promising, but it fails to meet any of the standards that it set for itself. Pretty much every negative review on Steam is accurate, there was (tons of) development trouble and the game just fell to shambles. The missions are boring, the massive open world looks pretty, but is almost entirely empty, enemies are boring, the classes are fairly unique, but there are only a few that are actually useful/viable, and literally the only thing to do is grind resources to craft new equipment because your gear breaks from grinding for new equipment... Sounds fun, yeah?

So, give it a shot if you want, you have a several day 'new player' window where your gear won't break and you can just run around killing random junk (and probably unlock most of the classes in the process), but I honestly don't think it's worth the time.

Edited by Ailith

I played Firefall a few months ago for about a week. The game sounded extremely promising, but it fails to meet any of the standards that it set for itself. Pretty much every negative review on Steam is accurate, there was (tons of) development trouble and the game just fell to shambles. The missions are boring, the massive open world looks pretty, but is almost entirely empty, enemies are boring, the classes are fairly unique, but there are only a few that are actually useful/viable, and literally the only thing to do is grind resources to craft new equipment because your gear breaks from grinding for new equipment... Sounds fun, yeah?

So, give it a shot if you want, you have a several day 'new player' window where your gear won't break and you can just run around killing random junk (and probably unlock most of the classes in the process), but I honestly don't think it's worth the time.

Yeesh. I play games sometimes just to give my hands something to do while I listen to podcasts, but even that doesn't sound like it could be enjoyable.

I guess I'll stick with TF2/random farming runs in Warframe.

The item degredation and finite repairing in that game turned me off to no end.  It has a unique gamestyle, but much of the gameplay revolves around getting materials to build gear, expending that gear, and hoping you have the resources to replace said gear, let alone devote resources to higher quality gear.

I felt little motivation to progress and craft better abilities and gear knowing that using these pieces of gear would bring them inevitably to their ends.  Permanence... has no place in that game.  I left quite a long time ago, as a result.

Edited by DalaiLlama