Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflict Suggestions

jmforeman02

Dear DE,

First I have to get the obvious out of the way: ability balance.  Some abilities such as Bladestorm, Hysteria, Bastille, and others are completely OP. I think the best way to fix that without completely changing the nature or effectiveness of the abilities is to put in cooldowns. Bladestorm would still be just as effective as a nuke with a 1 minute cooldown but couldn't be spammed to make sure that no one could make it more than 30 feet without spontaneously dying. Instead it would become a strategic decision whether or not to use it. You would save it for the right circumstances or for when your in a bind. Valkyr would still be very effective but wouldn't be permanently invincible if hysteria had a 30 second cooldown and so on. You could justify it in lore with a "dampening field device" or some such nonsense that each side uses against the other. I see as I'm typing this that you just updated to reduce the effectiveness of abilities like bastille, iron skin, hysteria, and bladestorm. That is the wrong way to go. Cooldowns would require less tweaking and provide better balance. The problem isn't the abilities effectiveness. It's the spammability. And cooldowns would add an element of strategy instead of reinforcing button mashing.

Next but still in the obvious category is spawn camping the attackers. Not having a protected spawn for the attackers adds nothing to the game. It only serves to completely unbalance the match. Three seconds of invulnerability won't help you when you're spawning with 0 energy into a bastille with 4 ready tenno waiting to unload all of their abilities on you. This is easy enough to fix. Use force fields, or air cover from the ships, or even better have the attackers start at their adjacent partially built rail which has their defenses on board and they can attack as a boarding party. It doesn't really matter how but this really needs to be fixed for the sake of balance and fun.

Now for the more interesting ideas that aren't already common consensus among the players. Since the dark sector conflicts are essentially a MOBA style game from a different point of view, i think we should go all the way. Create larger maps, but not too large, with multiple paths. The traditional 3 paths would be good: some options but not too many to defend. Have at least one of those paths require some acrobatic/parkour skill or a mobility/teleportation frame (zephyr, loki, nova, etc) to cross but have it provide more cover or stealth. This would make attacking from that path take some skill or a frame with the necessary abilities equipped and enabled but would give you more protection. It would introduce a little more variety in play style and strategy plus parkour is always fun.

And continuing in the MOBA style, please add a secondary objective chosen at random from several possibles for each mission.  These secondary objectives would help you to achieve the primary objective. For example you could disable your enemies AA defenses to launch periodic airstrikes, disrupt their dampening field device to reduce all cooldowns by 25% *clears throat*, or activate a radar tower to give you a complete battlefield map with enemies on it. It would add yet another element of strategy to the conflicts and make them a lot more engaging.

And finally, could you please give some of the dark sector missions a one-time armistice extension of varying lengths so that the whole solar system won't be in conflict or at peace at the same time. Ideally at least one zone should be in conflict at any time.

Thank you in advance DE and players who comment on this for your feedback.

Dark sectors are actually great now, stop complaining, all you need to do is get in the game early, as ben franklin once said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man happy and wise", also blade storm is not as OP as you think, it takes players leveling and collecting that 100 energy, and finding a target without getting killed, its actually nerfed in conflicts, hysteria is good, and bastille is well, what you think it is, just be glad it doesn't paralyze us. Spawning now gives us a 3 second invincibility, so you can shutup.

Maps are large enough as they are, we don't want a super long room that takes us ages to finish the game, and alliances are continuing to develop new rooms, bigger battlefields, so just be patient, its only be a week and a half after U14 release, and nearly a week after conflicts has arrived.

The additional objective thing does seem broken, but I suggest an additional team objective that grants them bonus XP or energy/health, like how you have to get 5 slide kills for XP, now we can have that as a team objective.

I think you are being too critical about PvP, I can name so many idioms/phrases that can clearly show you are wrong, give it a month, and it will be even greater, but for now, you need to stop with the hater posts and play the game how it is, DE has enough on their hands, with the servers and whatnot.

#TENNOPOCALYPSE

Dark sectors are actually great now, stop complaining, all you need to do is get in the game early, as ben franklin once said "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man happy and wise", also blade storm is not as OP as you think, it takes players leveling and collecting that 100 energy, and finding a target without getting killed, its actually nerfed in conflicts, hysteria is good, and bastille is well, what you think it is, just be glad it doesn't paralyze us. Spawning now gives us a 3 second invincibility, so you can shutup.

Maps are large enough as they are, we don't want a super long room that takes us ages to finish the game, and alliances are continuing to develop new rooms, bigger battlefields, so just be patient, its only be a week and a half after U14 release, and nearly a week after conflicts has arrived.

The additional objective thing does seem broken, but I suggest an additional team objective that grants them bonus XP or energy/health, like how you have to get 5 slide kills for XP, now we can have that as a team objective.

I think you are being too critical about PvP, I can name so many idioms/phrases that can clearly show you are wrong, give it a month, and it will be even greater, but for now, you need to stop with the hater posts and play the game how it is, DE has enough on their hands, with the servers and whatnot.

#TENNOPOCALYPSE

It isnt blade storm

Its the Bleed procs that do insane amounts of damge

Though this may have already been fixed

It's not the damage I'm worried about. It's the spamming. You only need to get the energy for it once. After that it pretty much pays for itself especially once mods like fleeting kick in.

There is that as well

Efficiency mods need to be cut?

as a newbie im not sure how was pvp (at least for dark sector conflicts) before; but recently i tried some and it felt like (after i learned what was going on when i enter with "unranked" frame/weapons) playing a 3rd person DOTA within sci-fi space enviroment. People say it wasn't like this before (most of them say new system sucks though - i find it fun since i dont know how was it before) but if its intended then maybe conflict maps would be bigger than current maps and ofc with more npcs for both team to get their exp/rank/mods etc.

right now at the start of a conflict map as an attacker i could zoren copter to defenders side with in 3-4 secs. so they can... (ofc they chopped me off but...) when they sit on our spawn point, it becomes real pain - especially when a frost puts a huge globe on the place - so 3 secs invulnerability becomes a joke literally

just saying