Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Closest Color To Orokin Gold?

GravesTheOutlaw

I've been using some of the yellow from Fire's palette for a long time and passing it off as gold, but I feel it is too...yellow...with the gamma change.  I saw some people post some convincing gold colors from the Easter palette, but I don't have that one.  Anyone else have any opinions?  I simply can't find a yellow color that isn't too tan/beige or too yellow.  I feel like I'm missing the middle ground somewhere.  Anyone have any advice?  Thanks.

Well, a friend of mine uses the orange all the way to the right in 'Classic Saturated' ('Classic' should work fine, too.), and it looks pretty good.

I use that one to go with the vaguely "steampunk" look a lot of the Orokin/Tenno gear has, though that specific color seems more like a polished bronze/brass tone to me. Which ofc fits the pseudo-Victorian aesthetics well.

I use that one to go with the vaguely "steampunk" look a lot of the Orokin/Tenno gear has, though that specific color seems more like a polished bronze/brass tone to me. Which ofc fits the pseudo-Victorian aesthetics well.

It's hardly steampunk. Basically everything they use is powered by some kind of laser-esque (for lack of a better term) energy.

Anyways, I use the yellow/orange in the top-mid right of the 'Fire' color palette.

Well, a friend of mine uses the orange all the way to the right in 'Classic Saturated' ('Classic' should work fine, too.), and it looks pretty good.

I can see the merit of that, I like the one right above the solid orange in classic saturated.  Thanks.

Anyone else have any ideas?

It's hardly steampunk. Basically everything they use is powered by some kind of laser-esque (for lack of a better term) energy.

Anyways, I use the yellow/orange in the top-mid right of the 'Fire' color palette.

Which one do you use?  I use the one on the far right, 3 down.  It's gotten a little bright for me recently though.  The one above it is a little too pale, I think.

Edited by GravesTheOutlaw

I don't remember talking about the *tech*, just the general appereance and aesthetics.

That aside, the yellows in the Classic Saturated palette aren't half bad for a "golden" hue.

I can see the merit of that, I like the one right above the solid orange in classic saturated.  Thanks.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Which one do you use?  I use the one on the far right, 3 down.  It's gotten a little bright for me recently though.  The one above it is a little too pale, I think.

I've been using top mid since the update. It's either 2 or 3 down, I can't remember.

• 2 weeks later...