Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minimap Show Elevation Please!

Vashramire

I've been playing this game for a good couple months and have gotten to know the tile sets pretty good so out of reflex I know if the door I'm looking for is under or over me but since this new tile set, it's a bit ridiculous. I got stuck in a room with my friend on a mining asteroid that was like 5 levels high (I did like it) and all I had to guide me to the next room was a yellow diamond on my map that was in black space because the map only draws the ground floor. Granted we weren't being attacked and it was our first time seeing it but it was still frustrating to find the exit. This is more a QoL thing because I see people get lost all the time and make waypoints for them to follow even in the "old" maps. I'd be fine with the icon just changing colors or arrows just to let me know I'm in the ballpark, because sometimes you need to get to extraction fast and that hoard chasing you probably isn't going to give you directions.

i think this should be in UI feedback, but anyway.

YES!! You are right and i've been thinking about this for a while (until i got used to tile sets).

An arrow pointing up or down if you're not on the right level and the diamond shape when you are.

The problem with this is that there are slanted rooms, so in some cases it will still mislead you about where to go.

I'd rather have a system like the one that lets you see your teammates behind obstacles, except it applies to glowing doorframes.

I think the problem is right now the new multi-layered drill room doesn't accurately give feedback on the objective location, which in turn messes up on every other tile under or over the objective marker. The objective marker should prioritize to local way-points such as doors and elevators before the objective itself. In addition to that, making the icon dynamic based on elevation might help if it's kept in a range of about +/- 5 meters or by floor.

2195l7d.jpg

zkib6g.jpg

Edited by Tenebraex