Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemies Not Getting Cut In Half With Sundering Strike On Melee

BigTambo618

I posted a thread about this the other day but got little response. The problem is that iff I put the armor piercing mod ( sundering strike) I think its called on to a melee weapon the weapon will not cut enemies in half on death and instead send them flying back as iff they got hit with a blunt weapon.

Ive tested this with The grineer and the corvus crewmen who always get cut in half on death when I use a melee weapon without sundering strike but when I equip it they die in the manner ive described above. Occasionally they will get cut in half with sundering strike equipped but it was just 1 or 2 baddies during the course of a full level. 

Can anybody else confirm this happening with sundering strike ?

Yes, because it changes your weapon affinity to blunt, the same way how daggers can't eviscerate targets either.

Where does it say that It changes it to blunt ? Even iff that is the case how does it explain the few enemies I have been able to cut in half using sundering strike. Also I should note that I have tested this using skana,dual skana and the cronus sword. how could those weapons not cut a enemy in half :P

Elemental damage is applied first. AP is considered an elemental damage, so if it kills the mob before normal damage is applied, you get "that": a miserable death animation.

Fire, Electric, Freeze, all have distinctive death animations, some are indeed pretty cool to watch (I like the freeze one best :p).

Unfortunatly, AP does not.

Elemental damage is applied first. AP is considered an elemental damage, so if it kills the mob before normal damage is applied, you get "that": a miserable death animation.

Fire, Electric, Freeze, all have distinctive death animations, some are indeed pretty cool to watch (I like the freeze one best :p).

Unfortunatly, AP does not.

Are you sure its classed as elemental because it doesnt go in the same section when you put the mod on.I put a electric mod on my cronos today and that goes on the bottom row instead of the top (where sundering strike goes) in the mod alocation menu . 

Edited by BigTambo618