The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Texture Caching On Ssd

Lord_of_Lords

Let me start off by saying that I am a DirectX 9.0 game developer so I know exactly what I'm talking about aside from the DirectX11 stuff.

When I was running Warframe on my raid0 array, I was getting constant texture load times (about 11ms each) and therefore near constant (but low) FPS.  I recently switched to using Warframe on my SSD (with texture load times varying greatly between 0.13ms and 9ms) and I am realizing that my framerate is low because of cache thrashing.  When I load Warfarme into my ram drive (recreating old file structure using folder junctions) then my FPS is similar to other games (texture load times constant at 0.1ms).

I have plenty of ram to run Warframe in.  Heck, I can load it into ram and play it at the same time.  

Is there anyway that I can increase the virtual memory hard cap to decrease the number of cache misses?

If anyone else wants to verify the amount of cache misses that happen then I can go over that too.  It just isn't really a part of this thread.

too much tech science is to much for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh !!! 

http://i.imgur.com/wkaO5eQ.png

Then what's the point in posting?

Mr. Lord, you may have to try and contact Glen (or another dev in the same department). I'm sure he's knowledgeable enough to help you out.

Edit: Lazy punctuation.

Edited by OptimumBow0