Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking Logic - Lag Improvements

Unagi604

TLDR Version:

I want host optimization, and a vote system in game to force an automatic host migration when games are extremely laggy.

Long Version:

I can't see what the situation is like of the other players in my game for a full picture, but I assume it's a host's super low spec computers, location, or their bandwidth being chewed up that causes the rare cases of extreme lag.  I would like a system that selects the host logically before a game begins and also an ability to vote during a mid match to force a host migration.  Something like selecting a host based on the average location of the players in a match, while also removing host candidates if they have a very low spec computer or abnormally high latency.  I am not sure what info the Warframe servers have available, but it would improve my game experience if a solution could be found.  I think Steam has something that can gather a user's PC specs, and I would imagine it's possible that a similar system of data gathering could be made for Warframe specifically.

TLDR Version:

I want host optimization, and a vote system in game to force an automatic host migration when games are extremely laggy.

Long Version:

I can't see what the situation is like of the other players in my game for a full picture, but I assume it's a host's super low spec computers, location, or their bandwidth being chewed up that causes the rare cases of extreme lag.  I would like a system that selects the host logically before a game begins and also an ability to vote during a mid match to force a host migration.  Something like selecting a host based on the average location of the players in a match, while also removing host candidates if they have a very low spec computer or abnormally high latency.  I am not sure what info the Warframe servers have available, but it would improve my game experience if a solution could be found.  I think Steam has something that can gather a user's PC specs, and I would imagine it's possible that a similar system of data gathering could be made for Warframe specifically.

Good idea. But for this to work, they have to properly fix up host migration first.

Currently, it's clunky at best (sorry devs).