The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To All The People Who Complained In Closed Beta About Having Too Many Credits

Detheroc

First of all Sechura is not grindy. It only takes 5 minutes to get 25k credits.

Second of all this game is all grind anyway. You're grinding materials in order to build weapons and warframes. You're grinding fusion cores to max mods. It's all grind.

So Sechura is the ONLY thing in this game thats not grindy?

And is it really reprehensible to try to reduce the grind?

Edited by Detheroc

How hard is to make Dark Sector Survival, leave at 5 minute mark and be rewarded with 18k credits... and that one is the one i use, there are other betters like sechura has mentioned above

Yeah... "hard".

Seriusly? Is this topic for real?

Edited by Endrance

How hard is to make Dark Sector Survival, leave at 5 minute mark and be rewarded with 18k credits... and that one is the one i use, there are other betters like sechura has mentioned above

Yeah... "hard".

Seriusly? Is this topic for real?

For the 4th time now, its NOT hard. and exactly THATS the problem. No challenge. Boring as F***. Read the whole topic next time before talking.

For the 4th time now, its NOT hard. and exactly THATS the problem. No challenge. Boring as F***. Read the whole topic next time before talking.

I thought your complaint was that somehow you're blowing through credits faster than you make them.

I don't understand how you do that. You're acting like somehow you have to do 300 sechura runs a day. BTW that would be 5 hours for 7.5 million credits.

But yeah anyway where are you getting all these materials and stuff to spend millions of credits on building stuff? It makes no sense.

credits aren't the problem. i believe that the overall issue is more about the disparity between regular missions vs. dark sectors and void. 

meaning, if you want to attain credits more quickly, you're nudged in the direction of farming these two sources in lieu of actually playing anything else.

which furthers burnout... 

i have a much bigger problem with a lack of fusion cores constantly. but that's a different topic.

I thought your complaint was that somehow you're blowing through credits faster than you make them.

I don't understand how you do that. You're acting like somehow you have to do 300 sechura runs a day. BTW that would be 5 hours for 7.5 million credits.

But yeah anyway where are you getting all these materials and stuff to spend millions of credits on building stuff? It makes no sense.

50 minute XP grind survivals that give me 2000 credits as mission end reward.

50 minute XP grind survivals that give me 2000 credits as mission end reward.

Ok well you are sacrificing credits in order to power-farm everything else.

The more you do that the more credits you'll be capable of spending. That doesn't mean you are required to spend millions of credits.

Maybe you should pace yourself on the building and fusing? Maybe you're not supposed to instantly build every weapon and warframe in the game?

Edited by Inmemoratus

Ok well you are sacrificing credits in order to power-farm everything else.

The more you do that the more credits you'll be capable of spending. That doesn't mean you are required to spend millions of credits.

Maybe you should pace yourself on the building and fusing? Maybe you're not supposed to instantly build every weapon and warframe in the game?

Read. My. Posts. Its NOT about ME. Also i play survival because i enjoy it way more than watching novas and vaubans spamming 4th skill and grenades/rockets to kill dumb melee enemies with no challenge whatsoever.

Work days are not the same for everyone, you know, and it makes the claims baseless because in just a few hours you can make a million credits.  You don't have to do those hours consecutively. Ten minutes a day for six days is still an hour.

If I could play every day then yes, but I dont. I guess this is the issue where we will keep arguing, If I would have hours to play daily like you then I wouldnt have any problem with the credits either. But when you get a fulltime job, kids, girlfriend, pets etc then as the quantity of playtime goes down you start to value quality and frankly grinding credits is not quality entertainment.

Edited by VikingoX

Read. My. Posts. Its NOT about ME. Also i play survival because i enjoy it way more than watching novas and vaubans spamming 4th skill and grenades/rockets to kill dumb melee enemies with no challenge whatsoever.

At first you were saying you weren't able to sustain your credit costs, but then you changed your story because people pointed out how easy it is to get credits. I don't even know what your point is anymore.

If I could play every day then yes, but I dont. I guess this is the issue where players will keep arguing, If I would have hours to play daily like you then I wouldnt have any problem with the credits either. But when you get a fulltime job, kids, girlfriend, pets etc then as the quantity of playtime goes down you start to crave quality and frankly grinding credits is not quality entertainment.

If this were the case you wouldn't care nearly enough about this game to complain on the forums about it. I am between jobs and that's the only reason I have the emotional energy to care enough to post on the forum.

Also, if you don't have time to play you don't have time to farm materials, parts, or mods so you have nothing to spend credits on anyway. What is the problem? You bought a Kubrow and now you can't keep it alive because you... don't even play the game? I can't even... And say you set aside 5 minutes a day for Sechura. That's not grind. Now you can keep your stupid virtual dog alive, in a game that you apparently don't even have time to play.

If I could play every day then yes, but I dont. I guess this is the issue where players will keep arguing, If I would have hours to play daily like you then I wouldnt have any problem with the credits either. But when you get a fulltime job, kids, girlfriend, pets etc then as the quantity of playtime goes down you start to crave quality and frankly grinding credits is not quality entertainment.

The barely veiled ad hominem isn't helping your argument. If you actually read what I wrote:

If you don't have the time to play the game then maybe you shouldn't. A couple of hours on a free day isn't a lot of time. You got to put in the effort if you want the reward.

You can complete that DS mission on Pluto in just a few minutes.  Each time pays out around what? 25k depending on the taxes. Let's just say 20k.  So 5 minutes a day, once a day, for a week is 140,000 credits.

If you do it once a day for 24 days that is 480,000 credits.  That is how long a Stabilizer pack for Kubros will last you. That pack only costs 100,000 credits.  480,000 - 100,000 = 380,000 credit profit from doing the mission just once per day.

You have no reason to complain.

You will see that I said 5 minutes per day will give you a profit of 380k in credits in the time it takes to go through one DNA stab-pack. If you can't spend 5 minutes on obtaining credits then you, quite simply, do not deserve them.

If you still want them then just trade plat for them.  There are no free rides.

The barely veiled ad hominem isn't helping your argument. If you actually read what I wrote:

You will see that I said 5 minutes per day will give you a profit of 380k in credits in the time it takes to go through one DNA stab-pack. If you can't spend 5 minutes on obtaining credits then you, quite simply, do not deserve them.

If you still want them then just trade plat for them. There are no free rides.

Who the hell is even talking about DNA stabilizers? Also IF i find 5 minutes a day to play some warframe, I sure as hell dont want to grind a boring mission so that in X days i have enough to build what i want. Edited by Detheroc

At first you were saying you weren't able to sustain your credit costs, but then you changed your story because people pointed out how easy it is to get credits. I don't even know what your point is anymore.

If you did what i told you, and what everyone should do before replying to a topic, is to read ALL relevant posts, not just the OP. But apparently you need help finding it.

Like i say for the 3rd time about right now, its not the costs. Its not the difficulty of grinding credits either. Its just that it feels like a gigantic waste of time and a pain in my @$$ doing Sechura over and over and over and.................... again. And the time/credit ratio doesnt matter if every second feels like a minute doing this boring mission. And its not mainly me im doing this topic for. I just used my situation as an example, that even if you play missions regularly, you cant sustain the credit costs. Not mainly because of the costs, but because missions have so low credit rewards in comparison with the hussle it is to grind them. Is the expectation of having fun in a video game too much? And grinding Sechura all over.......... again isnt fun, entertaining, interesting, challenging, whatever.

Edited by Detheroc

Who the hell is even talking about DNA stabilizers? 

The DNA stab-pack is the most expensive thing that is a consistent charge.  You can afford it and still make a huge profit in just 5 minutes per day.  That is the point.

IF i find 5 minutes a day to play some warframe, I sure as hell dont want to grind a boring mission so that in X days i have enough to build what i want.

Then you don't deserve it.

The DNA stab-pack is the most expensive thing that is a consistent charge.  You can afford it and still make a huge profit in just 5 minutes per day.  That is the point.

Then you don't deserve it.

So only people that find it interesting doing the same S#&$ over and over again "deserve" having enough credits to enjoy the game? Thats extremely cocky . Step down a bit from your high pedestal.

Only people that are willing to put forth an effort deserve a return.

ANY effort the game thinks is appropiate? And just take it how it is? Theres a line somewhere, and different people, different perceives of how far that line can go. I put far more effort in a 20 min survival, even on the lowest planet. And what do i get? 1000 credits. Thats bullS#&$ in comparison to Sechura, where all you ahve to do is search a high point and blast away enemies with explosives. SO much effort man. I spend plat for revives there. /sarcasm

Edited by Detheroc

warframe seems to be running into problems between new players and veterans.

this is far from uncommon.

the best solution to this would be to either lower costs or bump up the credit rewards across all game modes so that the necessity to "go farm sechura or speed run void capture/exterminate" is reduced.

either that or continue to see threads like this and more and more burnout from seasoned players.

I did read your posts, all of them. Maybe you should go back and read them yourself because you contradicted yourself several times.

Nobody here is spending a lot of time farming credits, and we have no shortage. How is 5 minutes a day a problem for you? And don't give me that "IRL" BS. You admitted you farm void missions all day. And like I said, people with a lot going on IRL do not care enough about a game to complain and argue on the forums.

If this were the case you wouldn't care nearly enough about this game to complain on the forums about it. I am between jobs and that's the only reason I have the emotional energy to care enough to post on the forum.

Also, if you don't have time to play you don't have time to farm materials, parts, or mods so you have nothing to spend credits on anyway. What is the problem? You bought a Kubrow and now you can't keep it alive because you... don't even play the game? I can't even... And say you set aside 5 minutes a day for Sechura. That's not grind. Now you can keep your stupid virtual dog alive, in a game that you apparently don't even have time to play.

Gaming is my hobby and has been since my teens, I always partake in the forums of games I play. I have a few hours to play each week and I make the most out of them but I dont play every day, I dont even start up my computer every day making the whole argument "you dont have to grind credits for long, only do 5 min a day" argument non applicable in my case, so getting credits becomes a grind because I need to dedicate a considerable portion of my play sitting to aquire them. 

The thread is about getting credits being boring not that they are hard to get which I agree with.

warframe seems to be running into problems between new players and veterans.

this is far from uncommon.

the best solution to this would be to either lower costs or bump up the credit rewards across all game modes so that the necessity to "go farm sechura or speed run void capture/exterminate" is reduced.

either that or continue to see threads like this and more and more burnout from seasoned players.

I've only been playing for a week. What's this about new players? My friend helped me get to Sechura and now I have no problems with credits. Only reason it's gotta be Sechura btw, is because the other missions have insane taxes on them from the alliances. That is DE's fault for allowing insane tax rates like 75% or higher. Like seriously that's what people should be upset about.

I did read your posts, all of them. Maybe you should go back and read them yourself because you contradicted yourself several times.

Nobody here is spending a lot of time farming credits, and we have no shortage. How is 5 minutes a day a problem for you? And don't give me that "IRL" BS. You admitted you farm void missions all day. And like I said, people with a lot going on IRL do not care enough about a game to complain and argue on the forums.

When did i admit?

Gaming is my hobby and has been since my teens, I always partake in the forums of games I play. I have a few hours to play each week and I make the most out of them but I dont play every day, I dont even start up my computer every day making the whole argument "you dont have to grind credits for long, only do 5 min a day" argument non applicable in my case, so getting credits becomes a grind because I need to dedicate a considerable portion of my play sitting to aquire them. 

The thread is about getting credits being boring not that they are hard to get which I agree with.

You also find drops on Sechura. I generally get 1-3 fusion cores every time, and some junk mods.

And what else could you be doing with that precious Warframe time? Farming different drops on equally repetitive missions. Pick your poison.