Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To All The People Who Complained In Closed Beta About Having Too Many Credits

Detheroc

I've only been playing for a week. What's this about new players? My friend helped me get to Sechura and now I have no problems with credits. Only reason it's gotta be Sechura btw, is because the other missions have insane taxes on them from the alliances. That is DE's fault for allowing insane tax rates like 75% or higher. Like seriously that's what people should be upset about.

because not everybody wants to farm the same location over and over and over to fund their activities.

increasing the rewards across all game modes across all solar rails would improve aggregate credit gain, reducing the need to "farm sechura" a game mode that many people have very little interest in doing. 

as for taxes on dark sectors... well, that's the alliance/clan that decided to charge that much, next time the conflict arises, fight for the group offering lower taxes. unless you hate pvp... which is an entirely separate thread.

I've only been playing for a week. What's this about new players? My friend helped me get to Sechura and now I have no problems with credits. Only reason it's gotta be Sechura btw, is because the other missions have insane taxes on them from the alliances. That is DE's fault for allowing insane tax rates like 75% or higher. Like seriously that's what people should be upset about.

Are you even half serious. You play for a week and come here, argue with a MR16 player with 800 hours under his belt about game mechanics. Wow, just wow.

You don't even remember your own posts?

There are survivals other than void you know. But maybe you didnt notice because some high level friend rushed your @$$ through all planets.

Edited by Detheroc

because not everybody wants to farm the same location over and over and over to fund their activities.

increasing the rewards across all game modes across all solar rails would improve aggregate credit gain, reducing the need to "farm sechura" a game mode that many people have very little interest in doing. 

as for taxes on dark sectors... well, that's the alliance/clan that decided to charge that much, next time the conflict arises, fight for the group offering lower taxes. unless you hate pvp... which is an entirely separate thread.

The entire problem you're describing is because of taxes. The bonus on Sechura is 10k, but currently it's got a 0% tax. That's why it's the best one.

However, you can get 7k bonus from another one I forgot which, but the tax rate is currently 75% so it's useless. It's easier to get to so that 7k bonus would be pretty nice since you don't have to unlock Pluto. There are plenty of other missions with the same story. Too bad DE allows alliances to tax anything they want.

The barely veiled ad hominem isn't helping your argument. If you actually read what I wrote:

Dude, all I said was that we are in different situations in life and therefore have a different perspective on play time, but you go ahead and interpret that as a attack on your character if you wish, no point in talking to you.

Are you even half serious. You play for a week and come here, argue with a MR16 player with 800 hours under his belt about game mechanics. Wow, just wow. Why did i even answer you.

Because you're proving you have no life and you have no excuse to be broke on credits, and you have no reason to complain about 5 minutes a day getting you all the credits you need.

I'm glad you're so proud of your huge rank and 800 hours. How can you call Sechura a grind? lmao you're a joke.

The entire problem you're describing is because of taxes. The bonus on Sechura is 10k, but currently it's got a 0% tax. That's why it's the best one.

However, you can get 7k bonus from another one I forgot which, but the tax rate is currently 75% so it's useless. It's easier to get to so that 7k bonus would be pretty nice since you don't have to unlock Pluto. There are plenty of other missions with the same story. Too bad DE allows alliances to tax anything they want.

... i think you need a bit more experience with warframe before you start calling me out on issues. 

the primary ways to make cash in this game are from most to least:

void mission

dark sectors

alerts

anything else

void missions run upwards to 28k

dark sectors (assuming 0% tax) runs up to ~24k

alerts run up wards to 14k or so plus the normal node cash (so about 18k maximum)

without those, your best bet is bosses because of the blueprint you can sell afterwards. (usually around 8-10k total profit after sale)

if you start figuring it out based on time vs. reward, you're still going to wind up with void / dark sector being the primary.

and as said before, many folks don't want to continually run the same missions to feed their credit needs.

taxes are not at all a problem in the larger scheme. that clan/alliance charging 75% will probably get bumped off pretty quickly because someone doesn't like what they're charging. but a player of less than a month probably hasn't been around long enough to understand that... so i'll stop arguing with someone that doesn't have the necessary experience to formulate a proper opinion.

Because you're proving you have no life and you have no excuse to be broke on credits, and you have no reason to complain about 5 minutes a day getting you all the credits you need.

I'm glad you're so proud of your huge rank and 800 hours. How can you call Sechura a grind? lmao you're a joke.

No life. Cause playing some hours a week since update 3 in closed beta over 1 1/2 years now is definately a reason to call me a no-lifer. As with that data, im only telling you because its needed, not because im proud of it. And for the goddamned last time, i dont have problems with credits YET and this wasnt about ME SOLELY. And about the 5 minutes, i said something about that. So get your newbie &#! out of here.

... i think you need a bit more experience with warframe before you start calling me out on issues. 

the primary ways to make cash in this game are from most to least:

void mission

dark sectors

alerts

anything else

void missions run upwards to 28k

dark sectors (assuming 0% tax) runs up to ~24k

alerts run up wards to 14k or so plus the normal node cash (so about 18k maximum)

without those, your best bet is bosses because of the blueprint you can sell afterwards. (usually around 8-10k total profit after sale)

if you start figuring it out based on time vs. reward, you're still going to wind up with void / dark sector being the primary.

and as said before, many folks don't want to continually run the same missions to feed their credit needs.

taxes are not at all a problem in the larger scheme. that clan/alliance charging 75% will probably get bumped off pretty quickly because someone doesn't like what they're charging. but a player of less than a month probably hasn't been around long enough to understand that... so i'll stop arguing with someone that doesn't have the necessary experience to formulate a proper opinion.

I don't need any experience to see that allowing a 75% tax is stupid.

Those alliances aren't getting bumped off. It's been like that for the whole time I've played so far. I had to get my friend to rush me to Pluto to do anything.

My experience as a new player was inconvenienced because of those taxes. It would have been pretty bad if I had no help.

No life. Cause playing some hours a week since update 3 in closed beta over 1 1/2 years now is definately a reason to call me a no-lifer. As with that data, im only telling you because its needed, not because im proud of it. And for the goddamned last time, i dont have problems with credits YET and this wasnt about ME SOLELY. And about the 5 minutes, i said something about that. So get your newbie @$$ out of here.

Ok I'm sorry but you said you can't sustain your credit costs.

The fact is you can, easily. 5 minutes a day.

And you said 5 minutes a day is too much. You are rank 16. Shut up.

I don't need any experience to see that allowing a 75% tax is stupid.

Those alliances aren't getting bumped off. It's been like that for the whole time I've played so far. I had to get my friend to rush me to Pluto to do anything.

My experience as a new player was inconvenienced because of those taxes. It would have been pretty bad if I had no help.

your profile shows 4 days active.

you need to go to the wiki and read up on how dark sector conflicts work.

but your attitude here shows that you aren't going to listen to me or anybody else. you have your opinions and don't want to be burdened by facts or more informed opinions based on hundreds of hours of play. so good luck to you sir. you're going to need it.

You also find drops on Sechura. I generally get 1-3 fusion cores every time, and some junk mods.

And what else could you be doing with that precious Warframe time? Farming different drops on equally repetitive missions. Pick your poison.

Good point, when DS first came they were awsome, I farmed XP, Credits, Mods and resources quite well there but I took a break because rl and when I came back for U14 everything seems "nerfed", almost all pubs only run 5 waves, low drops, very few resources etc. 

Now if I want mods, XP and resources I found Xini or MD (like Kiste) missions best, leaving DS as just a boring credit farm.

your profile shows 4 days active.

you need to go to the wiki and read up on how dark sector conflicts work.

but your attitude here shows that you aren't going to listen to me or anybody else. you have your opinions and don't want to be burdened by facts or more informed opinions based on hundreds of hours of play. so good luck to you sir. you're going to need it.

I know how it works. But the fact is that the alliances choose to tax 75%.

I don't know why, but my guess is there aren't many people going into PvP in the lower level areas because all the players who it affects are new, and clueless.

Meanwhile the alliances are full of huge clans and just have their players dominate the conflicts.

Edited by Inmemoratus

Ok I'm sorry but you said you can't sustain your credit costs.

The fact is you can, easily. 5 minutes a day.

And you said 5 minutes a day is too much. You are rank 16. Shut up.

Hah. You are like the 5th graders that think its cool to insult 9+ graders and then hide behind teachers (teachers=internet if you dont get the metaphor) to save their asses. Big mouth, nothing behind it. But its OK, one day your head will meet the toilet, trust me.

I know how it works. But the fact is that the alliances choose to tax 75%.

I don't know why, but my guess is there aren't many people going into PvP in the lower level areas because all the players who it affects are new, and clueless.

Meanwhile the alliances are full of huge clans and just have their players dominate the conflicts.

So all newbies are clueless, EXCEPT for you? Of course, i didnt think about that.

Edited by Detheroc

Good point, when DS first came they were awsome, I farmed XP, Credits, Mods and resources quite well there but I took a break because rl and when I came back for U14 everything seems "nerfed", almost all pubs only run 5 waves, low drops, very few resources etc. 

Now if I want mods, XP and resources I found Xini or MD (like Kiste) missions best, leaving DS as just a boring credit farm.

That's why I don't soley do Sechura, and why me and that other guy were suggesting doing it once or twice a day. You'll pick up some semi-useful drops but mostly just credits. You're gonna have to go farm other stuff too.

But the original point was this is a farming game so getting credits isn't exactly detracting from more interesting gameplay.

Hah. You are like the 5th graders that think its cool to insult 9+ graders and then hide behind teachers (teachers=internet if you dont get the metaphor) to save their asses. Big mouth, nothing behind it. But its OK, one day your head will meet the toilet, trust me.

So all newbies are clueless, EXCEPT for you? Of course, i didnt think about that.

I was clueless when those were the only areas I had access to.

Then my friend explained how it worked and rushed me to Sechura.

But most people in that stage of the game will remain clueless so I can see why those missions are remaining highly taxed.

EDIT: Oh and I don't like insulting people but I felt like calling you out on your BS.

Edited by Inmemoratus

I was going to give more constructive criticism but it seems like this thread has lost all relevance to its original post. The OP has changed stance a few times, and while I can respect that in an argument, I feel its been derailed with the focus being put on responding to offtopic, ad-hominem attacks for too long for me to seriously continue my discussion here... so I guess I'll just read and reread the first 2 and a half pages, and try to analyse arguments there when I'm bored.

In case you're still here:

Yes, credits are a hurdle. But to consider them an all-out barrier to progression? Idk if you're justified in pushing it that far subjectively. Like people have pointed out, some situations allow for large amounts of credits to be farmed with relatively little effort on their end, while others are - just as rightly - supporting the fact that it's more limiting. However, your argument that it hinders progression rather than adds to challenge (and those two things are very, very different!) hasn't been backed up in my opinion. How is your line of reasoning, that people shouldn't be held back by resource requirements, any different to people who [may] complain that the Boltor Prime isn't MR0? Both those situations apply to something gated behind a progression barrier requiring people to earn the reward, inasmuch as the progression system in Warframe allows.
[...] Ultimatively [sic], once the "Oh boy this game is so much fun to just play" wears off (which it does quite fast, atleast for me it did) people start going after the only objective this game has to offer to this point (If they dont care about PvP). Getting all the weapons (or all they want atleast). Getting sentinels (costing 115k once to craft), or Kubrows (well, you know how much). Getting the frames they want. Oh, and getting all those rank10 mods up, which we have a good amount of at this point. And for all that, credits. They are crucial to ANY action you want to perform in this game. And its fine, if its balanced. But its not [...]

Without arguing details and numbers, that doesn't do much to counter my point. It just proves that there's an end (weapons, sentinels, kubrows, etc) to the grinding of credits (a system of progression that you agree is necessary). When you say it's not balanced, though, you haven't said how. Until then, any argument you give can't be taken to be an objective judgement on the system as a whole.

So I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong for thinking that the credit grind is disproportionate, it's just that you haven't backed it up with logic, instead using example-counterexample arguments which place situational constraints on how you present your points. It doesn't really convince anyone since their situations may differ. I feel it's dragged on longer than I can reasonably sustain pointing arguments for you to deflect to try and patch holes in your argument so you don't feel that you need to repeat the same things over and over. If you want to continue the discussion, more power to you, but I feel as though you're not really addressing my concerns with your position.

I'll leave you with these, and good on you if you do overcome them:

• Progression with weapons is gated behind Mastery Ranks. Why is the credit hurdle any less valid?
  • Mastery Rank progression relies on grinding levels for your equipment. Credits are also 'ground' in order to progress. Does this lead anywhere?
  • It sounds like you're very objective-oriented, leading to this misconception that credits drive player progression. To what extent is that true, and why are you justified in drawing a line there?
  • Have you considered other possibilities in regards to obtaining credits? Your current stance on the thread has you against the monotonous grind. While I'm not disagreeing that pure credit grinding is a painful thing, is it the only way to gain credits?
  • Is your only goal in the game to obtain credits? Why not see it as a bonus rather than a focus towards actually having fun? Does the game restrict you that severely by making fun a function of however many credits you have?

So yeah. Good luck imparting your perspective, just try to keep it as general and objective as possible next time.

Edited by Vastaren

Hi DE this is just something I want to highlight....

Why is it that I am not receiving my credit when I complete my mission?

And why is that when I want to quit from the game it state that I will have to forfeit my rewards when I am in my ship?

Note that I have already complete the mission I did not quit from mission but from the ship that we are in..

And really since Update 14 there have been alot of bugs please sort them out fast please....