The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Should I Forma A Latron Prime For Maximum Effectiveness?

Mkilbride

Question

10 answers to this question

I like the Boltor, I do...but the Latron Prime is my weapon, after having used both for a long time, I have a 4 Forma Boltor and I dunno...just not my bag man.

I'm with ya. I have mine as a crit + status build with electric for stun (I am *pretty* sure). I am a CC junkie as well so may not be the sexy build but works for me. I also build with PvP in mind so they tend to be as generalist as possible, favoring function over man dps. 

Always start with 3 V polarities for Serration, Split Chamber and Heavy Caliber. Rest of the polarities depend on your build.

I wouldn't put an Heavy Caliber on the Latron Prime, that would destroy its accuracy.

So instead, you could use Shred.

Here's a build im working on.

Note: Just switch out the bane of whatever mod depending on the faction.

http://goo.gl/QlkWTi

P.S. Boltor isn't a sniper/long range gun, so using HC on it will be quite beneficial. Even with HC equipped i don't have a single problem hitting targets at long range although the boltor prime is better suited for "in your face" fighting.

Edited by itsXthomasTAG

-Snip-

Boltor Prime doesn't need crit mods since the crit rate/damage isn't good enough to be considered a crit weapon imo, loaded the build mention above in the builder and it falls quite a bit short from the pure damage build i'm working on. I'd suggest avoiding crit mods tbh. Here's his build, if all of the mods are maxed. http://goo.gl/ntPtbY

Edited by itsXthomasTAG

I like the Boltor, I do...but the Latron Prime is my weapon, after having used both for a long time, I have a 4 Forma Boltor and I dunno...just not my bag man.

3 V's and two -'s are the staple.

Don't use Heavy Calibre as Shred has more utility on Latron Prime. It will clear crowds. The mods you need are:

- Serration

- Split Chamber

- Shred

- Point Strike

- Vital Sense

- Elemental

- Elemental

- Elemental

You do not need the status enhancing elementals with Latron Prime. You can use them if you feel you absolutely must proc. status, but damage tends to do the job well enough. 

Reload mods are unnecessary as you can reload cancel at 75%.

You can switch to a pure damage build replacing Point Strike with Heavy Calibre and Vital Sense with yet another elemental, but I like the crit. build overall.

When facing High-Level Grineer, you may want to take out Vital Sense and throw in a Cold Damage Mod in order to get Radiation/Viral combo, but that is up to you.

Edited by Semshol