The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gene Therapy: An Idea For Coloring Kubrows

koopagon

well this has been a somewhat hot topic and im sure DE already has something planned, but i just had the idea while deconstructing some boxes so i thought "why not share it with the WF community so they can tell me how horrible of an idea it is!"

so to start things off, the idea is you give your kubrow gene therapy by one of two ways: first would use imprints that can be bought/traded from other players or other kubrows you own, and the second would be to buy "booster ampules" from the store.

OPTION 1: Ampules for single aspects of alteration

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the booster ampules would cost anywhere from 1-20platinum or by buying a blueprint off the market and, with the proper materials, create an ampule. these would focus on a single aspect like the forehead lotus fur pattern, the tiger striping on their legs, or colors.

players would then load these ampules in and be able to pick the part of the kubrow they are able to be used on and would have a base success chance of 100%.

OPTION 2: player imprints which cost no plat

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the other option would be for players to use the imprints from other kubrows to modify theirs. this would then allow players to choose multiple aspects of the imprint to modify their kubrow. but as a balancing measure against the ampules, this would come with more risk.

what this boils down to would be, the more like the imprint you want your kubrow to be, the lower the chance of total success. but this method would only use one imprint.

for example: i have a kubrow that is quite plain, he is grey with black spots. i want to give him genes from this other kubrow who is white with blue stripes on it's back and a lotus symbol on it's face. if i only wanted to give my kubrow the white fur it would always succeed. but if i wanted to perfectly copy the white fur, blue stripes and lotus mark; it'd be a gamble. if it failed to copy all of them, my kubrow would gain one or two of the three depending on how badly i failed, but it would always have at least one of the modifications succeed.

so, considering the risk involved, would any of you actually want to use a system like this?

EDIT2: adding Zarbain's idea to have the possibility of making the ampules by collecting things.

EDIT1: making this more visible which options involve plat and which dont along with giving it a bit more structure.

Edited by koopagon

Sounds good other then the whole thing called having to pay real money to paint a dog. 

Edit: Here better way for me to explain what I mean is, it should work like how the Cicero Crisis worked where you farm for things to make a machine part that is one use only but gives you greater chances with more then 1 tier of the item to make it so even low tech players can easily do dog coloring but not as efficient but still better then blind running. 

Btw forgot to mention it in last edit but you would also be able to pay for the item with platinum if you don't want to farm for them. 

Edited by Zarbain

Sounds good other then the whole thing called having to pay real money to paint a dog. 

Edit: Here better way for me to explain what I mean is, it should work like how the Cicero Crisis worked where you farm for things to make a machine part that is one use only but gives you greater chances with more then 1 tier of the item to make it so even low tech players can easily do dog coloring but not as efficient but still better then blind running. 

Btw forgot to mention it in last edit but you would also be able to pay for the item with platinum if you don't want to farm for them. 

ah i get what you're saying and thats a fair bit. i'll add that to the ampule idea since then it would give players a better chance to color their dog

Edited by koopagon