Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Handed, More Feminine Sword

steviegiovanni

Daggers have always been used by female assassins cause they're more agile then men, daggers is only fitting to be used by women. I think it's a nice touch to see those in this game along with female warframes, the two compliment eachother.

That's just my opinion.

Edited by __Kanade__

im sorry but i have to ask what is "female swordplay" and how dose it differ from "male swordplay" extra points if you can describe how a female cant use a sword like a guy can without sounding sexist

If they are different then Female swordplay must be a thousand times more awesome than male swordplay. Bask in the glory of the master of female swordplay!

http://badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=672138630154

But seriously, no, Stevie is being stupid.

Edited by ValhaHazred

I was making fun of the idea that there was a difference by showing one of the most badass swashbuckling fencers in history was a woman. I forgot you can't read sarcasm over the internet :P

righteous

I agree that we could use some extra sword designs. We already have axes, Japanese-style swords and Western ones.

For "sleek" melee, I'd go with either rapier, or some type of sabre - by sabre, I don't mean those English/Western European knock-offs, I mean scimitar-type blades. Scimitars, Karabelas, Shamshirs...because that would be totally awesome.

I also agree that there is absolutely no difference in how woman and man handles a sword. The point is to kill the other bastard, not to look pretty.

....Okay, I missed that one.

Thanks for showing me.

Perhaps though, we can get something with greater blade lenght and more "crescent".

Alternatvely, something like a khopesh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khopesh)

The entire biomechanical nature of Warframes would fit well with that, I think, since you can experiment a lot with that kind of shape.

Edited by CrimsonCannon

i believe we haven't had a single handed sword so far. i think the female warframes will look sexier with a more femine swordplay animation. maybe with more turns? mire will be awesome with this concept.

Would be awesome to be honest. +1

A rapier might be a lot of fun. It could be designed for single target lunges and efficient melee/ranged defense. Lunge attacks (Sprinting and melee, or sprinting/sliding and melee) deal bonus damage, maybe? And holding the block button allows you to deflect bullets in random directions, occasionally striking a nearby enemy, etc. If you deflect a melee attack while blocking, you strike the enemy for good damage in retaliation.

A rapier would be the perfect weapon for a defensive fighting style. It'd also reward a player with refined melee fighting skills, though it would only be sufficient as a single target weapon. Sounds like a unique weapon type.

And I fully agree that gender doesn't matter when it comes to handling a weapon. Though admittedly realism isn't exactly something DE seems to be shooting for.

Also as far as the 'female assassin' and daggers remark. . Most assassins regardless of gender use daggers or other easily concealed weapons. Daggers can hit vital locations of targets when performing a stealthy strike. I can't say that I'd expect an assassin to do as well using larger weapons, unless they're deliberately taking the guise of a figure who would have such a weapon at the ready, such as a noble.

Edited by Dancingfirefly