The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why So Much Excalibur Hate? :(

(PSN)epicspazm

Probably because hes the sign of a player that is new, generally the vibe I get from people running one of the starting frames. I like to use a variety of frames and I tend to roll my eyes when I see everybody and their mum's using Rhino.

I didn't find a good use for him so once I got the affinity from him I had him scrapped. I don't get up anybodies butt for bringing a frame but if they die every five seconds then I start giving them looks, ergo Loki's during Hive missions.

Probably because hes the sign of a player that is new, generally the vibe I get from people running one of the starting frames. I like to use a variety of frames and I tend to roll my eyes when I see everybody and their mum's using Rhino.

I didn't find a good use for him so once I got the affinity from him I had him scrapped. I don't get up anybodies butt for bringing a frame but if they die every five seconds then I start giving them looks, ergo Loki's during Hive missions.

lol about rhino, if player judge about new players... they shuold kick out the rhino and not excal.

anyway, at the start i too, barely used him, i admit that i was rhin00b for some time, then i realised that i want something else then him, and not enough plat for slots.

then i came back to excalibur, and found out how awsome he is.

Chill bruh,dat's mean u're a good players XD

Taking challenge and stuff playing balanced warframe that everyone said only good for beginner and take it for T4 :) nice man I applaud ya

Dat mean u're better than dem XD

Almost every single rhino player I met at survival/void always lose their cool when their iron skin goes out and they have no energy and I always ended up saving the downed "TANK" while everyone blinded by my excalibur's elegance~

Lawl XDD

Just go with yer bros and no one can be a scumbags

Excalibro ROCKS

Talk all you like, I know what I have seen, and that is a that Xcal players waste a slot on void keys a vast majority of the time. Theory crafting does not change that, and as I have explained, the way Xcal works and him being a one trick pony is partially to blame.

The OP wanted to know why some people won't let Excal in, and I am explaining why.  Trying to brow beat me into pretending all frames are built equal was never part of the thread. 

So at what time is he not a waste?

with excalibur, its a swing or a miss. it depends on when you hit that radial blind. if you hit it at the right moment, you're alive, if you wait too long, you're dead. simple as that. and sure, some ppl can do T4 Survival solo with him, but honestly, we cant take it from experts because most of us are beta compared to the pros. even so, radial blind is master race, if you cant use that to you're advantage, then either you are doing it wrong, or you arent trying hard enough.

with excalibur, its a swing or a miss. it depends on when you hit that radial blind. if you hit it at the right moment, you're alive, if you wait too long, you're dead. simple as that. and sure, some ppl can do T4 Survival solo with him, but honestly, we cant take it from experts because most of us are beta compared to the pros. even so, radial blind is master race, if you cant use that to you're advantage, then either you are doing it wrong, or you arent trying hard enough.

its so cheap you basicly can press 2 all the time

The thread is about taking people on your key.   I am looking for synergies.  I am not looking for glory hounds.  If he can do it on his own then let him but not on my keys.

What do you mean with 'synergies'? Abilities that stack togheter? Because for me 'synergy' is given by EVERYTHING, not only Warframes, and nothing is useless. Especially Excalibur. 

But with 'Synergies' I think you mean 'overly used spammable OP combos'. 

The thread is about taking people on your key.   I am looking for synergies.  I am not looking for glory hounds.  If he can do it on his own then let him but not on my keys.

So you will force 2 other players to go for trinty/ vauban for the combo instaed taking one excal?

So you will force 2 other players to go for trinty/ vauban for the combo instaed taking one excal?

I will play Trinity or Vauban, and let them play as their choice of Loki, Vauban, or Trinity. On infested missions, swap out Loki for Nova, and I am willing to play Nova as well.  I just don't have Loki, or I would play him with no issue as well.

(Frames I have currently: Trinity, Vauban, Nova, Nyx)

I will play Trinity or Vauban, and let them play as their choice of Loki, Vauban, or Trinity. On infested missions, swap out Loki for Nova, and I am willing to play Nova as well.  I just don't have Loki, or I would play him with no issue as well.

(Frames I have currently: Trinity, Vauban, Nova, Nyx)

If they want to pick something else? Evreyone got thier fav.

Also, you dont own excalibur, you should test a blind build with maxed range.

I am able to run evey content with him and my team thank me for blinding tons of enemies and boosting thier melees.

I also able to slash dash my way pretty fast if needed to.

If they want to pick something else? Evreyone got thier fav.

Also, you dont own excalibur, you should test a blind build with maxed range.

I am able to run evey content with him and my team thank me for blinding tons of enemies and boosting thier melees.

I also able to slash dash my way pretty fast if needed to.

If they want to pick someone else then they can host on their key.

Not having Excal currently, does not mean I have never played as him. I have played all the starter frames, except Loki. I usually get complimented on my Trinity too and have had people add me to their list just because I was so good as her.

Well, we all know by now, excal is underestimated, espacially in regard of his radial blind.

But I think everyone who is argumenting against DesecratedFlame has not understood, what he was originally saying: he is looking for "Synergy".

BUT this doesnt mean excal is bad or useless entiretly. The meaning behind those word is "for certain strategies you need certain frames". for the combo of trinity, loki and vauban an additional excal who is radial blinding enemies or substituting one of them (or all of them aka "why use those 3 when excal can cc everything alone!?") would hinder or break the strategy. in this case the strategy would be "disarm everything, let it run up to you and cc them with vortex, so i dont have to run around to kill and loot everything". for such a tactic excal is a mere bystander and i would take a nova or nekro with me for more efficiency.

Well, we all know by now, excal is underestimated, espacially in regard of his radial blind.

But I think everyone who is argumenting against DesecratedFlame has not understood, what he was originally saying: he is looking for "Synergy".

BUT this doesnt mean excal is bad or useless entiretly. The meaning behind those word is "for certain strategies you need certain frames". for the combo of trinity, loki and vauban an additional excal who is radial blinding enemies or substituting one of them (or all of them aka "why use those 3 when excal can cc everything alone!?") would hinder or break the strategy. in this case the strategy would be "disarm everything, let it run up to you and cc them with vortex, so i dont have to run around to kill and loot everything". for such a tactic excal is a mere bystander and i would take a nova or nekro with me for more efficiency.

I see the point but on those high level mission i love to keep my enemies on idle state, e ven with disarm sometime enemy can come behind you and 1 shot you.

Still its a reason to kick excalibur?

If they want to pick someone else then they can host on their key.

Not having Excal currently, does not mean I have never played as him. I have played all the starter frames, except Loki. I usually get complimented on my Trinity too and have had people add me to their list just because I was so good as her.

I didnt said you didnt had him. But you dont have him now to test.

Trinty and excalibur are completly diffrent so i dont see your point.