The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frames/weps Too Glossy?

Issxi

Anyone else annoyed with how glossy or shiny items in this game become after changing its colors?

Here's a comparison I made with Frost Prime.

LEFT - Normal RIGHT - Shiny

Warframe0105_zps004eeb0c.png

Even moving the mouse cursor over a color but not changing immediately adds this gloss. It gets severely noticable with dark colors and makes them look more like a beacon than a dark frame or weapon.

Call it nitpicking, but can the colors' gloss be the same 'dullness' as default colors? On a lot of weapons the shine makes it hard to color and see details on most things.

Tone it down a bit DE? ~<3

Edited by DarkD3filer

I agree with you OP, everything is much too glossy.

And while we're talking about different finishes, how come the only metallic weapons are the Vandals, Wraiths and the Vulkar?

I mean really DE, why can't you make the weapons more metallic?  Most guns are made of metal, and the ones that aren't still have metal barrels and such.

I've never really noticed that on my weapons, but I definitely see it on my frames.

There was a post a long time ago by a dev about how textures were tricky to work with, that may or may not still apply. Regardless, it would be nice if frames got a texture update.

I definitely agree. Warframes look a bit too rubbery and shiny right now, almost like a plastic. They don't look as sleek or metallic as they used to. It's funny how much lighting can effect something like that.

Edited by Sswordplay