Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Slow Is The Rhino Compared To Other Frames?

Thereddic

Question

Since I regret going Mag, the obvious logical solution to this problem is to choose the exact opposite in terms of playstyle and go Rhino, since I tend to find myself up close a lot anyway. My concern, however, is that the slower speed on the Rhino will lead me to hate it as well. So I ask: how much slower is the Rhino compared to other frames? I've been told a Sprint mod solves the speed issue, leading me to believe the speed discrepancy is only on Sprinting, but am unsure. Plus, anyone can use a sprint mod, meaning either other players are using them too and I'm still lagging behind, or I'm down a mod slot in order to keep up. Also, am I best off going with a heavy melee weapon on the Rhino or does it matter?

Also, I'm joking about the logical outcome. Not to assume the worst of people, but every time I ask a question online with a quip like that, people always take it literally and the thread devolves into them trying to talk me out of it instead of focusing on the thread's real topic.

Clarification: Warframes have different base movement speeds - the speed they have when just walking around. When you hold shift, a sprint modifier is applied. Apparently Rhino has both a low base speed, and a lower than normal sprint modifier. Compare this to Frost, who has low base speed, but apparently a higher than normal sprint modifier (making Frost still slower than other warframes, but faster than Rhino).

Well, since this was bumped up one final time, I guess I'll ask here: I'm 1 Gallium and my Rank 2 test (which I can't retry until tomorrow, stupid Furis) of getting Gram, or Schino or whatever. However, if I built Dual Ether or Dual Heats instead, I could save myself some Rubido farming time, and have the weapon ready for me by morning so I can finally graduate from Skana skool. Think its a good idea? I'm also considering building Zorens in the morning for the apparently massive flying leap they can do.

well i call my Rhino fat azz because simply he is slow, none the less i do enjoy his skills. Atm im using a marathon mod that has 100% stamina max which are common drops.. doesnt speed him up but lengthens the distance you can run, which means i can either catch up or get far enough ahead to wipe some mobs down before the rest of the team get there, though as a tanker 2 things come to mind. If you get too far ahead its hard to get back in time if the team needs help and also if a team deserts you well you cant do much about that.

also i have a rush mod, but its only at 15% speed atm, and i dont use both the marathon and rush together because it doesnt suit my style right now, im tanking with my friend and id have to sacrifise damage for speed, which really I'll do when i get more rush on.

also another point, probably it wont be the last frame you make so feel free i guess.

I used dual heats for awhile, im sure you could level them and find them good, havent heard too much about the dual ether yet. havent got zorons yet but thats one set of weaps im going to make, ive heard good reviews about them

Well, since this was bumped up one final time, I guess I'll ask here: I'm 1 Gallium and my Rank 2 test (which I can't retry until tomorrow, stupid Furis) of getting Gram, or Schino or whatever. However, if I built Dual Ether or Dual Heats instead, I could save myself some Rubido farming time, and have the weapon ready for me by morning so I can finally graduate from Skana skool. Think its a good idea? I'm also considering building Zorens in the morning for the apparently massive flying leap they can do.

Wait, never mind. Apparently I can't actually buy the Dual Heats/Ether's blueprints with Credits, despite what the wiki told me. Maybe if Zoren's are buyable I'll consider those, but it looks like I'm just shooting for Gram/Scindo/Fragor then, once I decide which one is best (probably Gram, because Claymore, but the mechanics might sway me...)

aw dang, never mind, I think the gram would be great

but the dual heat blue prints are for sale 15000 credits, and the Ethers 20000, but of course farming time until tomorrow to make them for the Rank 2 test, best luck mate.

Having played Rhino for a while now, I feel as if it's not so much his speed that's slower, but his run/sprint animations. The actual distance traveled doesn't seem to be that much lower than the other frames. Even without a Rush mod, I don't have trouble keeping up with teammates. With judicious use of Rhino Charge, I can end up being a room ahead of them.

Edited by PaleMinerva

Dual Heat Sword blueprints and Dual Ether blueprints are indeed available on the market, for purchase with credits. I crafted my Dual Ethers yesterday.

Oh double nevermind, I checked the Arsenal interface, not the Market. Question back on then, go heavy and have 300 rubedo's worth of extra farm time, or get something light, save myself farming time, possibly have the item earlier if I don't go Zorens (as cool as dual axes are, I'm a bit worried about the damage output there, so probably not gonig to get them) and have a speed weapon instead of a big one?

in all honesty charge weapons are just better at the moment, the gram scindo and fraggor hit like a train at 200 charge damage but their charge speed is slow, dual heat is somewhat of the middleground on charge weapons it hits decently hard at 150 charge damage and has the middleground on charge speed not super slow not really fast either, if you dont mind only hitting a single target try the furax it has 150 charge damage and a decently fast charge if you want moderate speed and decent damage try the dual ether they have decent charge speed and 100 charge damage that can cleave unlike the furax, or if you like critting alot get yourself a plasma sword decent charge speed 120 or 125 charge damage i always hit multiples of 120 so i think thats right and has a higher than norm crit chance however it is single target only and is an alert reward weapon, if memory serves the best bosskiller charge dps wise is the furax but im not 100% on that, best crowding is a tossup between the dual ether, dual heats, and scindo due to the scindo's crazy reach.

hm...Well, since I can't seem to get any Galium to drop, I think I'll pick up the Heats and Smith up my Chassis now. I generally like taking the middle road because it minimizes disadvantages anyway (well, when done right it does, anyways). Besides, I save like, 10k credits this way. If I REALLY want a big heavy weapon, I could always farm it up later.

I don't have a video, but the fastest way to move atm is sprint air slide attacking with fast weapons. See that bridge  he's crossing around 1:11? You could cross 3/4 (maybe the whole thing) with one dual zoren sprint air slide attack. Fang can probably do it even faster (haven't tested Fang, need confirmation)