Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Slow Is The Rhino Compared To Other Frames?

Thereddic

Question

Since I regret going Mag, the obvious logical solution to this problem is to choose the exact opposite in terms of playstyle and go Rhino, since I tend to find myself up close a lot anyway. My concern, however, is that the slower speed on the Rhino will lead me to hate it as well. So I ask: how much slower is the Rhino compared to other frames? I've been told a Sprint mod solves the speed issue, leading me to believe the speed discrepancy is only on Sprinting, but am unsure. Plus, anyone can use a sprint mod, meaning either other players are using them too and I'm still lagging behind, or I'm down a mod slot in order to keep up. Also, am I best off going with a heavy melee weapon on the Rhino or does it matter?

Also, I'm joking about the logical outcome. Not to assume the worst of people, but every time I ask a question online with a quip like that, people always take it literally and the thread devolves into them trying to talk me out of it instead of focusing on the thread's real topic.

Paired with the special helmet that increases his HP at expensive of speed, he is rather slow. However I don't mind as I'm generally close to things I want to smack, or well underway to smacking them.

The real downside to his lack of speed is not being able to get away from "OH SH*T" moments when your shield is down and you have no energy left to save yourself with IS.

Extremely slow. 

But nonetheless, don't let that put you off. Rhino is a tank. 

Tank as in invulnerable tank. 

+Sprint speed does solve the issue, but not enough. I also threw +Stamina Recharge and +Max Stamina because I still couldn't keep up with other Warframes which have +sprint speed on them.

Rhino without the Thrak helmet is slow, but not enough to be a major turn-off. If you don't use other maneuvers, just run, you might have trouble catching up to people.

With the helmet, you'll be pretty slow, though. However, you'll have a lot of health.

Edited by LukEduBR

you could go Frost, maybe? he is also tanky

He was my first thought, but from what I gather, Freeze breaks when shot, Ice Wave does minimal damage and no CC and Snow Globe forces me to hold still in the bubble. Rhino is more about getting into the fight and killing people with flying bearhugs. I think we can both agree which is cooler.

Edited by Thereddic

Since I regret going Mag, the obvious logical solution to this problem is to choose the exact opposite in terms of playstyle and go Rhino, since I tend to find myself up close a lot anyway. My concern, however, is that the slower speed on the Rhino will lead me to hate it as well. So I ask: how much slower is the Rhino compared to other frames? I've been told a Sprint mod solves the speed issue, leading me to believe the speed discrepancy is only on Sprinting, but am unsure. Plus, anyone can use a sprint mod, meaning either other players are using them too and I'm still lagging behind, or I'm down a mod slot in order to keep up. Also, am I best off going with a heavy melee weapon on the Rhino or does it matter?

Also, I'm joking about the logical outcome. Not to assume the worst of people, but every time I ask a question online with a quip like that, people always take it literally and the thread devolves into them trying to talk me out of it instead of focusing on the thread's real topic.

Very slow.  I love my rhino and he's great for def missions.  To make him feasable you need to have a 30% run speed mod on him and a stam increase mod.

Well, I suppose I'll learn the exact feel once I build the frame. Unfortunately, it seems to be the only frame with multi-target CC that isn't going to force me to hold still, so I'll put up with the slow speed. Can't be much worse than the Mag though, considering my playstyle has basically devolved into flying kick through the enemies and blast them with shotgun as I fly past. Thanks for the help!

I don't like the look of Nyx and its OP atm apparently because it can make all enemies attack each other forever. I'd rather play something that will keep gameplay exciting rather than faceroll stuff. Especially since Nyx is probably going to be nerfed in that regard at some point. Also, I already have teh head and chassis for Rhino, it'd suck to have to find where Nyx spawns and start from scratch.

And good lord that sounds...really slow. Like painfully so. Granted, I have no idea how Trinity or Saryn compare to the Mag I'm using, so this is sounding really iffy now.

Rhino is very slow while sprinting, but if you're creative enough with your movement you can definitely keep up with the crowd. (You'll never be in front, though.) What I do is simply slide at all times. Just slide, jump, slide, jump... and whenever possible, kick yourself off of walls. When you jump from a wall-run, you go flying forwards for a nifty boost. If you're simply sprinting everywhere, you're not being enough of a ninja.

So I'm assuming that the regular running speed IS in fact slower than other frames? Or was I right about it being only sprint

He is slower in all regards. Don't let that stop you though. Rhino Charge will propel you to new horizons and Iron Skin will reduce the amount of fucks given that day to zero.

Though if you want something fast, with good up-close resistance and nice mobility I'd take Ash instead.

Rhino is the slowest sack of meat I've ever seen. 

BUUUUUT! Just add a maxed rush mod, you'll be near everyone else's speed.

Don't let the speed turn you away from Rhino, it is THE tank, I have Redirection, Vitality, & ugh forgot the other two names (armour+, and shield regen+) & I'm always standing over some squishy frame reviving them, the speed is pretty slow, but you get to be a slow moving bomb shelter. 

Currently, the best places to farm gallium are by killing the boss on Titanium in Uranus, and the boss on War in Mars. Gallium seems to drop once every two or three runs for War, Mars, and I believe that it has higher drop rates on Titanium, Uranus.