Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Sidearm (Cross)Bow

Adrenochrome

Well, I love the Paris. I think it's a wonderful weapon, but I've come to a conclusion about it's usefulness.

It has none.

It's incredibly fun to use, and on lower leveled missions, it's perfectly fine to use. However, it doesn't feel like a primary. It feels like a side-arm. 

So my suggestion would be, a crossbow sidearm. It would be very similar to Paris, essentially like the Bolto/Boltor

For it's upgraded version, you could implement a repeating crossbow, with less accuracy. (Like Bolto to Akbolto, Lato to Aklato, Furis to Afuris, Viper to Twin vipers..) Obviously, dual wielding crossbows would be stupid, so a repeating crossbow would have the same idea, while keeping the practicality.

For the most part, the benefit of a crossbow is the ability to have a bolt prepared already, which means you wouldn't have to charge your shot. It would be fully charged in preparation. However, there would still be the same thought process as with Paris, because after you fire, you have to reload (and generally, loading a crossbow is harder than drawing a bow to full strength, so it would have a longer reload time), so you would need to decide if the shot was worth making, and then reload if it was. It would have the same piercing ability as Paris, the same high damage (maybe even higher, depending on the reload time(draw strength)).

This would create a whole new weapon mechanic, in which you have to remember to reload between battles to make the best use of the weapon.

The repeating crossbow would essentially minimize reload time but lower accuracy, and likely lower damage as for high fire rate draw strength would need to be lessened to increase the draw speed. It would use bolt racks as ammo

So there's my idea. Comments and Criticism. Later tonight I may make a crossbow out of Paris on photoshop.

Edited by Adrenochrome

while i feel where you are coming from

I really think the bolto's/akbolto's and the boltor already fill this niche

I would not be against DE making a repeating crossbow or mini-crossbow sidearm, but honestly I just don't see how they would differentiate it from the Bolto family of weapons

maybe they should just make some skins for the bolt weapons, a repeating crossbow skin for the boltor and a mini-crossbow skin for the bolto's

then the skin could have something like +/- some stats or whatevs to give it some more flavor

I like the skin idea, but that doesn't really work because of the reload mechanics of a crossbow. Also, I realize that the Bolto/Boltor already have the filled, but the snipetron/boltor already had the Paris' spot filled, and it was still made. Variety is good, regardless of if something similar is already there.