Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Physics And Unique Animations

Manjaro

I've been playing Warframe since Closed Beta, and all of the recent updates have made the game even more amazing since then. However, one thing I would still love to see would be physics for Warframes and objects. I can't count how many times a friend, myself, or even other players I've talked to would say "I wish Frost's coat tail would move" or "Trinity's metal wing things should shake when you run". Not to say that even thing should have verlet physic where they all act like cloth, but if Frost's coat tails are metallic, I get that, but I'm sure it's not just made stiff. That would be a horrible mobility hindrance. At least make it flow slightly while being a bit more stiff like scalemail. Same for Trinity: make it shake like they're attached to a chain. It would add more immersion seeing as how when you slide (and sometimes when you run) they clip through the floor and such. I won't question how any of them slide with all that armor on, but I will question how Frost and Trinity are even able sit down without trouble. It would be cool to see it happen to say the least.

Another thing would be unique animations. By this, I mean Warframe specific animations and environmental reactions. Warframe specific animations would be something like when you're idle on the inventory screen, Ember might light fires in her hands and juggle them(and perhaps set herself on fire and try frantically to put them out). Mag levitates in Buddha figure pose. Another Loki comes from the side and you find out that the Loki you were looking at was a decoy and it disappears. Volt has an occasional electric aura (like Heihachi Mishima from Tekken). Or even Rhino flexing his biceps and Saryn's leg growth twitching every now and then. They're just for fun, but they would give more of a since of the Frames being different from one another. I know they had just recently created the new idles for weapons in update 6 but it's something to think about.

Now environmental reactions would be things like reaction to wind, or lighting, etc. Imagine shooting out the the hulls glass in a ship and causing suction. It'd be nice if when that happened(going back to the physics) Frost's or Trinity's coat objects would flow rapidly as if being pulled towards the breach. Any crates (and dead enemy bodies that haven't vanished yet) in the specific room would get pulled into space. The frames themselves don't have to be affected by this(I just assume we have magnetic boots on). If you have a sentinel, it'll rest on your shoulders so it doesn't get pulled away.The same things would happen on the ice planets if wind were blowing(less like rapidly like suction though). Other examples would be Ember being more luminescent in darker or small corridors, or Excaliber's chestplate lining glows(I mentioned this in another post before). Again these are just things I'd love to see for simple purposes only. They wouldn't change gameplay unless DE decided to add wind and ice as gameplay elements and make space suction deadly. But if they did that, hey i'm not complaining. It would stop players from shooting out the hull on ships, hahahahaha.

Comments, feedback, tell me what you guys think.