Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disable New Map Tiles Until The Waypoints Can Be Fixed

vats3

Yes I do know this is a beta and things released are tend to have afew problems and that is why they release it to us so we can show them the problems (the reason after the beta a PBE will probly have to be released) but since the new map tiles have been added i have often had the waypoints lead into nothingness, a wall or even just the middle of space, I do think it is our job as testers to find problems with the map design as we play and better it but the problem with the waypoint is now we have no choice but to quit out because there is no way to get thro

lastly I do also believe afew of the tiles could use abit of redesign or be removed, namely the ones that have multiple layers and are very large, dont get me wrong I love those tiles but the problem that most people run into is they have to check ever floor to figure out witch the waypoint is on (since the doors are at the same place at times) because of how the waypoint works very 3d maps with many layers can get confusing and will be easy to get lost in 

I would suggest you learn the layout and figure out where to go instead of wanting things disabled.

It's not that hard a thing to do.

When it seems to be in nothingness or pointing you towards a wall it likely is either above or below you. Most likely above. Waaaay above.

i personally like the maps and have explored them, however many people get stuck and lost in them, it was not my intention to sound like i do not like the maps, I always love the lvl of detail that is put into new maps, however i do think they should be temporarily disabled to fix way point issues and more complex maps be disabled until a waypoint system can be changed to better reflect complex maps

The maps where never much a problem for me but they have been a problem for others, saying "just learn it and figure it out for yourself" is a very selfish way of thinking just because you where able to do it easily dosent mean its easy for everyone else 

i personally like the maps and have explored them, however many people get stuck and lost in them, it was not my intention to sound like i do not like the maps, I always love the lvl of detail that is put into new maps, however i do think they should be temporarily disabled to fix way point issues and more complex maps be disabled until a waypoint system can be changed to better reflect complex maps

The maps where never much a problem for me but they have been a problem for others, saying "just learn it and figure it out for yourself" is a very selfish way of thinking just because you where able to do it easily dosent mean its easy for everyone else 

Join online games and figure it out with your team!

That's what i did for my first few games. Everyone went their own way and we communicated when we some one found the right path.

Join online games and figure it out with your team!

That's what i did for my first few games. Everyone went their own way and we communicated when we some one found the right path.

i dont think you understand I was fine in the maps but its not about me its about me its about new players and people who get lost easily yes after afew times you start to learn paths but for a new player who is just trying out the game to get lost and frustrated because the waypoint is unclear they will probly leave the game there are plenty of games out there problems early on can lead to leaving quickly, and that is not the main point of this thread the main point was to remove the new tiles for a short time so problems where waypoints lead to places that not exist can be fix, witch is  a problem i never had before the tiles where added 

I really like them but with the map markers, they're annoying.

u84A7mX.jpg

Map marker "suggests" that you go in that direction. Coming from the bottom up, it looks like a cool spot to slide under, I've seen other areas where the door doesn't raise (a tile on the Corpus outpost where you have to slide under the door). Except that isn't the case here, if you do that, you'll go through just fine, then if you keep going, you'll fall off the map, and die. And then you can no longer type in chat strangely so you can't warn anyone not to do the same.

The way out is some path along the wall on the other side, but from where I was, this is the first thing you see.

This was also coming back from Phorrid, and it was rather lame for another reason, it was pointing in this direction the entire time, you had to backtrack blind until it gave you an indication to go here.

Yes I do know this is a beta and things released are tend to have afew problems and that is why they release it to us so we can show them the problems (the reason after the beta a PBE will probly have to be released) but since the new map tiles have been added i have often had the waypoints lead into nothingness, a wall or even just the middle of space, I do think it is our job as testers to find problems with the map design as we play and better it but the problem with the waypoint is now we have no choice but to quit out because there is no way to get thro

lastly I do also believe afew of the tiles could use abit of redesign or be removed, namely the ones that have multiple layers and are very large, dont get me wrong I love those tiles but the problem that most people run into is they have to check ever floor to figure out witch the waypoint is on (since the doors are at the same place at times) because of how the waypoint works very 3d maps with many layers can get confusing and will be easy to get lost in 

Exploration is fun tho:)

Exploration is fun tho:)

on your own time yes, but forcing people to explore is not fun, no one wants to be forced into doing anything, that is why i didnt say remove the map entirely i segest they be removed until they can be fixed.

you should be able to take the map at whatever pace you want if you want to rush thro to the next tile you shouldent have to take out a compass and start trying to figure out "how do i get to the next tile?" but if you want to look around and see what goodies the devs hide for you in the map you should be allowed to do that to (on your own or with people who want to look around with you preferably)