The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Has Aspects Of Halo 3 And Deadspace?

mt1337

Well since you're asking, I thought the video was pretty bare and full of a lotta broad generalizations leaning heavily on your own views without going into any real detail or showing much of the actual game at all. Was basically, "here are some menus, and there are a bunch of areas, oh and yea some guns, and all these guys look like guys from halo to me, and its a cool game", thats pretty much what I got out of the video. Glad you are interested enough to make a video like that in the first place tho.

While I don't agree with some of your views on the game comparisons, those are your views and I can't say that its a bad thing for people that see it similarly. Probably a bit overenthusiastic posting something with such a basic and shallow overview, but welcome to the community, and hopefuly if there's any real negativity here you won't let it get to ya.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV

This game is definitely more like Mass Effect 3 multiplayer than anything else.

I like ME3MP, and still play it a few hours every week, but ... aside from being co-op third-person shooters in a space-future sci-fi setting, I really don't see much in common. ME3MP is a cover-based shooter, has skill evolutions gained through XP instead of mods, you can't build anything just earn credits to buy equipment packs and pray the RNG loves you, the levels are all static not procedurally generated from tilesets, there are no "alerts" or named bosses. In fact, I think it'd be hard to come up with a pair of sci-fi, co-op, third-person shooter set in outer space that're more unalike that WF and ME3 in any terms except how much fun they are to play =P

Warframe is the prequel to Halo.

Warframes are Combat Skin, Lotus is the Ancila, and the Infested are the flood.

Eventually the Tenno are going to leave this solar system and end up where the Forerunners are because they are running away from the Infested and Halo happens.

Eventually the Tenno are going to leave this solar system and end up where the Forerunners are because they are running away from the Infested and Halo happens.

No. Just ... no.

Hmm that's an interesting interpretation, but falls apart once you read about both Halo and Warframe.

As for the video- nope, nope, nope, nope. Someone already said- broad generalizations and nothing else.

inb4 the Tenno ARE the Forerunners;

Think about it.

Sentinels, deadly tech and all that stuff.

Yeah.

Hmm that's an interesting interpretation, but falls apart once you read about both Halo and Warframe.

As for the video- nope, nope, nope, nope. Someone already said- broad generalizations and nothing else.

How does it fall apart?

The humans in the Halo universe are devolved original humans that come from another galaxy so all their knowledge is based on previous stuff they had.

I like ME3MP, and still play it a few hours every week, but ... aside from being co-op third-person shooters in a space-future sci-fi setting, I really don't see much in common. ME3MP is a cover-based shooter, has skill evolutions gained through XP instead of mods, you can't build anything just earn credits to buy equipment packs and pray the RNG loves you, the levels are all static not procedurally generated from tilesets, there are no "alerts" or named bosses. In fact, I think it'd be hard to come up with a pair of sci-fi, co-op, third-person shooter set in outer space that're more unalike that WF and ME3 in any terms except how much fun they are to play =P

I don't think I could compare Warframe to any other game well, besides ME3MP. Both games have more similarities than differences, if you compare the basic gameplay elements. Coop-based, 3rd person, PvE, multiplayer shooters with various different characters who possess "abilities" that compliment the shooting gameplay. The player objective of both games involve fighting various factions of enemies, completing objectives, and eventually extracting. They are also both grindy as hell, unless you pay.

Now if only I could combo my abilities on my Mag like I could on an Asari Adept. I would be all over that.

Also, Warframe might as well be a cover based shooter, during some of the higher level missions.

Edited by Kilic

I'm "this guy" :D

If you would could you please play the game first? "Now they all have different special abilities like dual wielding pistols" now that was one of many incorrect things you said in 4 minutes. So I would suggest in future itterations of whatever you put out there please play it first and learn about it.

Edited by Poochy

If you want to compare Warframe to another game, compare it to Dark Sector, also developed by Digital Extremes.

It shares names, themes, concepts, visual design, symbology - I'm convinced it's a spiritual sequel of sorts.  Here are a few examples.

The protagonist of Dark Sector is named Hayden Tenno.  Everyone's favourite space ninjas share that name.
Dark Sector was focused around a 'Technocyte Virus' that creates growths which are both organic and synthetic in nature.  Much like the Infested of Warframe, who are also infected with a Technocyte Virus according to Lotus.
Dark Sector features a large mechanized robot known as the Jackal, which moves on four legs, the front legs much larger than the back ones, and has a horizontal torso supporting a variety of weapons.  The Dark Sector Jackal also bears the symbol of the Lotus, which you see everywhere in Warframe.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but there you go.  If you're going to make comparisons, make them there.

I don't think I could compare Warframe to any other game well, besides ME3MP. Both games have more similarities than differences, if you compare the basic gameplay elements. Coop-based, 3rd person, PvE, multiplayer shooters with various different characters who possess "abilities" that compliment the shooting gameplay. The player objective of both games involve fighting various factions of enemies, completing objectives, and eventually extracting. They are also both grindy as hell, unless you pay.Now if only I could combo my abilities on my Mag like I could on an Asari Adept. I would be all over that.Also, Warframe might as well be a cover based shooter, during some of the higher level missions.

Lol, I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks this game feels like Me3 Multiplayer! :P

This game has pretty much everything I ever wanted out of ME3's multiplayer (different kinds of missions, better artwork, more varied abilities, much more exploration, better and less predictable maps and objectives, and PROCEDURAL MAP GENERATION), turned up to 11 and then put into an original setting.  

This and several other reasons are why I coughed up money to become a Founder.