Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reward Us For Advance In Mastery Rank

I suggest one warframe slot on odd number levels, and two weapon slots for every advancement in mastery rank.

Edit: Since too many people worries about Devs might loose their meals for giving out free slots;

How about reducing starting Warframe slot to one and Weapon slots to three.

Since by now, there is no way passing rank 9, by rank 9 it will only give player 5 warframe slots and 18 weapon slots;

And there is total of 12 warframes and 45+ weapons ingame by current rate, which means 6 warframe slots and 20+ weapon slots are still need to be purchased, and at the same time player won't feel as restricted.

Edited by JudgeN

Your reward is being able to use the Hek and Gorgon.

That said..... they need to add some more stuff above level 4 because that's the last level that matters.

And they should only give slots away, maybe one weapon slot, when there's a buttload of weapons in game and having one isnt going to make a dent.

Your reward is being able to use the Hek and Gorgon.

That said..... they need to add some more stuff above level 4 because that's the last level that matters.

And they should only give slots away, maybe one weapon slot, when there's a buttload of weapons in game and having one isnt going to make a dent.

I currently have 43 slot for weapons, take away the initial 8 that is 35 weapon slots required if one is going to keep a copy of every weapon;

At my current rank 8, it will only get me 16, or 18 at rank 9; I am not sure if anybody is able to get past rank 9 due to lack of mastery increase method.

That means, 17 weapon slot still need to be purchased, roughly half of the total; and if they add more weapon in the future, it just mean more slots mean to be purchased.

I don't mind the slot limit, as I plan to upgrade to Grand Master, just don't have the cash now, due to recent big loss on share market.

But I do want free players to have a way to increase their slot as they progress in the game.

Potato is hard to come by already, their playing experience shouldn't be more restricted for their effort been put in.

But I do want free players to have a way to increase their slot as they progress in the game.

Potato is hard to come by already, their playing experience shouldn't be more restricted for their effort been put in.

You seem to have a Free 2 Play game confused with a Free Game. All warframes and weapons can be deleted and replaced with new ones. The slots are a convenience, required only if you want to own all the warframes and all the weapons at the same time.

The idea is to encourage free players to convert to playing players. What better way to do so than to say "Hey if you want to enjoy all this content at the same time and indulge your OCD tendencies, then why not buy some slots?"

Come on now, slots are the cheapest things available for plat and are arguably the best bang for your buck.

Edited by Thirdstar

+1

Great way to make Mastery Ranks worth something above Rank 4 (Hek). The current amount of slots is nowhere near enough for free players to try out content, especially since equipment needs to be leveled for a long time, meaning most players wouldn't want to throw away their old gear in case the new gear is not to their liking after testing it. Considering the sheer amount of different weapons and warframes right now, and that so much more will be added in the future, giving players 1 warframe slot and 2 weapon slots per rank would not go even close to replacing the use of buying slots. It's not like raising the Mastery Rank is remotely easy anyway.

Edited by Madotsuki

You seem to have a Free 2 Play game confused with a Free Game. All warframes and weapons can be deleted and replaced with new ones. The slots are a convenience, required only if you want to own all the warframes and all the weapons at the same time.

The idea is to encourage free players to convert to playing players. What better way to do so than to say "Hey if you want to enjoy all this content at the same time and indulge your OCD tendencies, then why not buy some slots?"

Come on now, slots are the cheapest things available for plat and are arguably the best bang for your buck.

Yeah.   Spend $5, get enough plat to unlock 12 more weapon slots.  Plus, like I said, the devs have already said they physically CANNOT do this without major changes to the game's databases, so it's on the wishlist but not coming anytime soon.

I currently have 43 slot for weapons, take away the initial 8 that is 35 weapon slots required if one is going to keep a copy of every weapon;

At my current rank 8, it will only get me 16, or 18 at rank 9; I am not sure if anybody is able to get past rank 9 due to lack of mastery increase method.

That means, 17 weapon slot still need to be purchased, roughly half of the total; and if they add more weapon in the future, it just mean more slots mean to be purchased.

I don't mind the slot limit, as I plan to upgrade to Grand Master, just don't have the cash now, due to recent big loss on share market.

But you dont need to have every single weapon there, you have that many because you choose to.

There right now 3 different dual swords and having one over the other isnt a tremendous gameplay shift. Hek, there are 8 single swords and they all function slightly different but folks usually all end up picking a few and ignoring the rest.

People want slots mainly for the collection aspect rather than the gameplay and i think this is the reason they are obtained by cash.

But you dont need to have every single weapon there, you have that many because you choose to.

There right now 3 different dual swords and having one over the other isnt a tremendous gameplay shift. Hek, there are 8 single swords and they all function slightly different but folks usually all end up picking a few and ignoring the rest.

People want slots mainly for the collection aspect rather than the gameplay and i think this is the reason they are obtained by cash.

What this guy said.

Before I have enough slot, I have to buy a bp, farm mat, build  weapon, test it out, sell it to free slot;

then buy another bp, farm more mat, build another weapon, try it out, sell it to free slot,

Repeat this several times before I find a weapon that suit my playing style,

and for several weapons, I have to build them twice while freeing slots. 

These are unnecessary steps that can be avoided, and improve game play enjoyment.

At least be glad you can obtain all weapons for free, assuming you have the time to get the materials. Many F2P games don't even offer you that and directly require you to purchase premium currency to get them. I understand if people want to enjoy the game without spending a lot of money, but come on...for 5$ you get 3 extra WF slots or 12 weapon slots.

Look at it this way, save a beer next time you are out or that burger meal at McD :P

At least be glad you can obtain all weapons for free, assuming you have the time to get the materials. Many F2P games don't even offer you that and directly require you to purchase premium currency to get them. I understand if people want to enjoy the game without spending a lot of money, but come on...for 5$ you get 3 extra WF slots or 12 weapon slots.

Look at it this way, save a beer next time you are out or that burger meal at McD :P

Indeed, it's not like you're buying a gold tank in WoT for $60. Or a single starship in Star Trek Online for $30. Or any number of examples I can give.

+1

I can survive an entire day without a meal. Thats an instant 15 bucks or so

I suggest one warframe slot and two weapon slots for every advancement in mastery rank.

sorry for me its a no, if the devs give away too many freebies then the game wont exist. FTP sure (and i dont want to hear "oh its pay to win").

its free to play and if anyone wants to pay a bit to get better thats the choice we have. its not impossible to play for free just its a better experience (by far) to spend dollars. Developers arent here to donate thier time for free, sorta easy to understand. get what they offer for free pay for the items you want that arent free, or say bye bye to the game.

Why are people still posting in this thread? =P  The devs have flat-out said: they would like to be able to give item rewards for mastery rank increases, but the back-end does not currently support it.

When they have the time to do it, they'll either solicit feedback on what the rewards should be and you'll have plenty of time to offer suggestions - or it'll be Design Council only and you'll be left to eat cake, or the bean-counters will tell the devs what they can afford to give away for free and no discussion will be brooked whatsoever.

Why are people still posting in this thread? =P  The devs have flat-out said: they would like to be able to give item rewards for mastery rank increases, but the back-end does not currently support it.

When they have the time to do it, they'll either solicit feedback on what the rewards should be and you'll have plenty of time to offer suggestions - or it'll be Design Council only and you'll be left to eat cake, or the bean-counters will tell the devs what they can afford to give away for free and no discussion will be brooked whatsoever.

tumblr_m5c3q6Bh711qlj5r8.png

As JudgeN has said previously, even with the slot rewards, it's nowhere near enough to get all of the weapons and frames even now, much less in the future when much more equipment will be added. Giving 1 frame slot and 2 weapon slots for a mastery rank is not imbalanced in any way, and in fact will keep players interested by providing them with more space to keep and try new gear without the fear of losing their old gear which they invested a lot of time into leveling. Plus, raising the Mastery Rank is not an easy feat, especially past Rank 4. It takes ages to rank up even once.

And a lot of you are treating slots as the devs' only source of income. Cosmetics, potatoes, shortcutting to new frames, there are all kinds of other sources of revenue for them other than limiting player inventory. Oh and that talk about how "we should be glad we can farm weapons for free because other games make you pay" BS. Should we be glad we don't get Day 1 DLC on all new games now? Should we be glad a paid game doesn't have always-online DRM or micro-transactions because some company does it? Yeah we should congratulate DE on their better business model, doesn't mean it's some kind of sin to say it can be improved just because they don't use a fake f2p model like most other companies. The way you people say it, it's as if pay2win is the standard in the gaming industry and DE is some kind of saint for not following it!