Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghosting?

Volume

Hi,

Sometimes, the game likes to take an image that I think would normally be blurred around, and just display it prominently on the screen. It stays in that exact position if I move the camera around. (see image 5, 6, and 7)

Here is some information from my Catalyst Control Center. According to it, my drivers are up to date.

a89mh.png

e8afk.png

78jQi.png

W52Qj.jpg

5qqYp.jpg

57yyx.jpg

SMSaQ.jpg

pMmks.jpg

zv2P2.jpg

8HQM8.jpg

dtlyX.jpg

c8Gob.jpg

This doesn't happen often when I have all the cool graphics settings turned on, but sometimes I like to disable things to achieve better framerates (smoothness is very important for me). In coop, some areas drop my framerate to quite poor levels, so I turn off some visual bells and whistles for the sake of having a smooth experience. When I play with the graphics down, these visual errors occur more often. It has happened on multiple maps/levels/missions, and I had some more today that I forgot to screenshot. These screenshots are from a couple play sessions ago.

While I'm at it, it would be great to have an option to make screenshots save as formats other than BMP - I would prefer to save them as JPEG or PNG or even TIFF files. Anything but BMP, lol. Save HDD space and make it easier to upload. I converted these to 80% quality ("high") jpg files in Photoshop CS5 but I can provide the original BMPs if you would like to see them.

Also it would be cool to have a FPS counter - maybe one already exists and I don't know about it. ^^;

Anyways, thanks a lot.

You should have a stellar experience using the Radeon 68xx. Try disabling the Directx 11 function at the splash startup of the game. That might offer help.

If you're using any function within CCC that override the game, turn those off.

If those both don't work, and if you're fine with trying out Beta software from the manufacturer try out 12.11

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_12.11_Beta11_NET4.exe

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem with a GeForce GTS450. Turning motion blur off solved the problem.

Yeah that's what I've been doing, but that doesn't really solve the problem, just avoid it. Devs should still look at it. I turned it back on (just to test this, as I really detest motion blur) and I haven't experienced it with the newest catalyst beta drivers.

Edited by Volume