Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using Consumables.

Horus000

Hey, i dunno if this has been brought up before but do you think you could make a faster way of using consumables? i cant tell you how many times ive died needlessly because ive had to stand still (obviously after fleeing from the enemy), press q and move my mouse from the opposite side of my very big monitor to click an incredibly tiny icon. even if you have a single "use consumable" key and make a second key to cycle through the consumable you wish to use. would definitely make me a happy muppet.

Apart from agreeing with the OP I would also suggest changing the health consumables to be x% of your maximum health instead of flat values since health pretty much exploded with the per-rank bonus and health is now differing from warframe to warframe a lot more than before.

A few updates ago 100 health was something, now it's pretty much not so much.

Same for health orbs in the game.

Suggestion: make orbs heal 10%, small healths 25% and large healths 50%.

Apart from agreeing with the OP I would also suggest changing the health consumables to be x% of your maximum health instead of flat values since health pretty much exploded with the per-rank bonus and health is now differing from warframe to warframe a lot more than before.

A few updates ago 100 health was something, now it's pretty much not so much.

Same for health orbs in the game.

Suggestion: make orbs heal 10%, small healths 25% and large healths 50%.

that is a good point, yeah. its kinda like the health kits only really benifit the lower level guys most and arent really much use for someone with a maxed out warframe + vitality or watever. makes a decent average across the board. although i'd kinda be more open to the orbs being the same value as the small health packs, or maybe just that bit less so that it doesnt negate the need for them.

that is a good point, yeah. its kinda like the health kits only really benifit the lower level guys most and arent really much use for someone with a maxed out warframe + vitality or watever. makes a decent average across the board. although i'd kinda be more open to the orbs being the same value as the small health packs, or maybe just that bit less so that it doesnt negate the need for them.

Numbers are negotiable. ^^

Not sure how I feel about the inventory in general.
The game is relatively fast paced, and usually just getting away and letting your shield regen does the trick to get you through an encounter.  The fast pace plus the long time it takes to use an inventory item: I've never used a single one.  Never felt I've needed to, either.

I don't feel I'm the minority in that, but I certainly could be mistaken.  I agree that the way we use items and the items themselves could use a revisit.

The health orbs I'm on the fence about.  It just makes the game a little more difficult if the health orbs start returning less and less health (and, generally speaking, I find the game quite easy).

yeah. most of the time i can get away and let me shields recharge, but every now and then theres a point where im behind cover in the middle of a very open area with very low health and breaking cover will resort in being killed whilst a melee unit or something comes in for a chat and the health the melee uni has is too much to deplete before his single hit kills me etc. im not really asking for infinite slots for health packs or watever, just a much quicker form of using a health pack. a button would allow you to be running away and use it on the move instead of having to stop doing everything and essentially making yourself defenceless for that period of time (no matter how short).

• 3 weeks later...

In I don't know how many hours of gameplay I have only used two or tree ammoboxes in boss fights.

To make consumables actually useful players would need a hotkey to use them or have them used auomatically when needed.

Hotkeys would actually be necessary for the medpacks to even make them usable. If you need them you can't stand around and open another menu and click around in that. If you try that you are already dead.

Though I'd actually prefer the auto use option. Health reaches zero, use a medpack (like the Sentinel's Guardian ability). Gun is empty, reload with ammopack when you keep clicking.

Right now they just take up space in my inventory because I don't use them and I can't even sell them for credits.

They could also set the orbs and consumeables to a per-planet basis. Mercury for instance, since it's primarily for the newer players without the mods or levels, could be left the same. And then make it percentage-based on the "higher" planets.

Edit: I suppose I should add that i've never actually used any consumables thus far. I haven't felt them to be necessary. But that may change in later planets I assume.

Edited by Sumnus