Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forum 'following' Not Working?

Ravin

After the forums recently had their crash and were taken down, My 'following' ability has stopped working. I can't see any 'Alerts' from the Alert forums at all.

I have 'unfollowed' and 'refollowed' the forum multiple times.

I have signed in and out, mixing up signing in, following, signing out, resigning in to see if it fixed it, and nothing.

This is becoming difficult because a lot of forums I want to follow are no longer notifying me of new topics being posted.

A quick scan would answer your question: The reason the forums crashed where thousands of emails being sent for every alert posted. Now think tens of thousands because some alerts get double posts. Ouchies.

Alerts are now updated realtime with rewards incl. ? on Twitter and Facebook.

I already know about the Twitter and Facebook Alerts. The Twitter one is a bit buggy, I am aware of why the forums crashed also- if the follow function isn't working or bugged, it should be reported. However, I am not interested in the Twitter or Facebook Alerts.

I like the Forum Alert system because I can communicate with other users and invite people to my games because I have the whole system unlocked. This means Twitter and Facebook don't work for me and doesn't really benefit the community. Just separates the players a bit more.

I do appreciate your help, but you didn't answer my question at all on how to get the forum following to work again, and if its broken, it should be/is it posted? It seems like other people still get their emails.

Okay, let me simplify my answer: It is deactivated. You will not get alert notifications via this system.

But it still seems like some people are getting them? Unless my friends are lying, they still receive emails and a handful of people still talk about their email alerts via alert section. (Like the big Q_Q about the Dark Sword Alert being false) via twitter.

So I am a bit confused here. Is it -supposed- to be disabled, but still flakey, or its assumed it was disabled?