Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon And Frame Models Made By Me: Updated Again!( Yes I Am Still Alive!)

Rothyn

Greetings to you Tenno! and to those few (if any) who remebers me, Welcome back!

Today i have a weapon to show of for ya! 

It is a weapon that doubles as a main and melee weapon at the same time:

Behold the the Imperus voidcaster (or just Imperius)

yDZPZV1.jpg

I only have the model and main fire animation for now, more will come!

The red and black i have dubbed Chaos ad the gold and silver have been dubbed pristine!

The concept of this latest innovation of my strange little mind is as such:

The weapon is a Project I have been working on while trying to learn how to use Autodesk Maya and Adobe Photoshop(and other programs, but those 2 were the ones primarily used for this).

Simply put, it is a primary weapon that doubles as a melee weapon.

in its non melee form it has a primary and a secondary firing mode.

The primary firing mode fires a high-intensity beam of void energy through a lens that determines it's color and thus its damage type... (although in afterthought it MIGHT me the other way around)

And before you say anything NO i didn't rip this of from DE, i thought of this idea quite some time ago i just couldn't for my life determine what color magnetism should be or what damage type fits to the color pink... but it seams that DE got that under wraps, so its back on the table!

The secondary firing mode, unlike the primary, does NO damage...well it CAN but...its a bit complicated.

The secondary ability launches a device that attaches to almost any surface which will then emit an energy shield approximately 1.6m high and 0.55m across ( basically it spawns a chest-high wall with fancy effects.) The mechanics of this are as simple as thus: FRIENDLY Tenno can pass through the shield however enemies and projectiles can't

The amount of abuse the shield can take before it breaks down and cries...sorry i meant shatters, is determined by the weapons lvl + damage altering mods (elemental damage mods do not affect the shields health however weapons elemental type IS a factor.)

EXAMPLE:

at lvl 1 and no mods the shield can take up to 100 dmg without shattering.
at lvl 30 it can take 3000
With say, a maxed serration mod installed it can take 7950 (3000+165%)

the shield will take 50% less damage from elemental types same as itself(I.e Radiation will only cause 50% damage to the shield if the weapon has radiation as damage type)

Also! as a twist to the secondary fire mode, you can only have 4 shields out at ALL TIMES any more will detonate the oldest shield emitter for a damage amount equal to your weapons damage. Each shield will take 15 ammo(rifle ammo) per shot , but more on this in the stats i will eventually post.

In its melee form the blades of the coil( the spinny roundy thingy) will be charged with void energy and the weapon can be used as a 2 handed mace.

And i know what you are thinking..."Could we please get to the point where I start to care about all this?!"

As you wish, here is the model of the weapon along with the main fire animation as well as an alternate skin i made.

TOP VIEW:

lCYAtdu.jpg

SIDE VIEW:

VOEhlXO.jpg

PERSPECTIVE VIEW:

HSIRXy4.jpg

FIRING ANIMATION:

5kS35Sv.gif

CLOSEUP VIEW

TIQrFks.jpg

CLOSEUP ANIMATION

qbsBsx4.gif

ALTERNATE SKIN

Ug1CYdr.jpg

ANIMATION

XnEBIes.gif

Stats and even some lore will be available soon.

oh and this is actually the first few GIFs i have ever made

until then enjoy and please feel free to give some constructive criticism.
Edited by Rothyn

Weapon models

The Khopesh:

Full view:

FWxlAIJ.png

Close up on the Hilt:

UwULpiD.png

This Is a one-handed blade i made, it is inspired by the Persian Khopesh (and coincidentally khopesh happens to be its name) and Iberian Falkata, The decals are designed by my own twisted little mind. It might not be visible from these angles but the decals on bot the hilt and the blade are sculpted, not textured.

Here are the stats:

Statistics

Weapon Slot Melee
Weapon Type Machete

Normal Attacks

Crit Chance 50.0%
Crit Damage 100.0%
Attack Rate 1.2 atks/sec

Slam Attacks

Radius 2.4 meters

Slide Attacks

Miscellaneous

Cleave Radius 0.6 meters

The Javelin:

Now here I have to make a tiny apology, I did intend to finish and release this sooner recently i have experienced something that would be the 3d sculptors equivalent of a writers block. That is to say my concept artist (the part of my brain that generates random and interesting forms and shapes) took a vacation for an undetermined period of time (told me to go shove it and then sat in a corner humming softly to itself (which per say wouldn't be that much of a problem, except it tried to hum the melody of månegarms "Ur själslig död." ))

well anyways i managed to sort it out with a stroll in the backyard garden, 3 mars bars and a couple of glasses of rum and coke. and so here we have the end result:

I made 2 versions of the spear: one with simple decals on the shaft and one with more intricate and ornate

Ornate decals:

NA0DoWj.png

Simple decals

qaLipc6.png 

Close up in the tip of the spear:

I4d1GqF.png 

Closeup on the ornate decals:

uQpu5Ev.png 

Now, this is, as i mentioned above, a spear which means it is ment to stab and to be thrown.
and for the purpose of  throwing i added something that would be used to retrieve the spear, to be more precise an energy tether,

The energy tether wold work like so: You throw the spear and then just yank it right back out of your enemy's body and in such a way retrieve it. 

The internal debate went  like this:

Me: Well it is a spear so it would need its own animation, a lot of stabbing motions

and you should also be able to throw it.

Me_2: Yes, but then what? you've thrown away your weapon away...you're pretty much #*($%%@ after that... I mean it can't just magically reappear in your hand, that would just look stupid!

Me: Oh yeah... well just slap some fancy looking gizmo on it and call it a tether or something...use the valkyr's ripline animation...yeah that will be good enough!

Me_2: You are really a lazy bastard, you know that?

Me: Well I'm not hearing any better suggestions from you so just shut up!

Me_3: Shut the F*** up you two, I'm trying to watch "Parks and recreations"!

Me_4: oh let them be, they've been in each others faces ever since we started this project!

and so on...it got a bit messy afterwards but you get the picture

The Energy tether socket:

YvGMR5o.png

Javelin stats:

Statistics

Weapon Slot Melee
Weapon Type Polearm (spear if they are implemented)

Normal Attacks

Crit Chance 25.0%
Crit Damage 200.0%
Attack Rate 1.2 atks/sec

Slam Attacks

Radius 5.4 meters

Slide Attacks

Miscellaneous

Cleave Radius 0.15 meters

please feel free to offer any Constructive criticism 

Edited by Rothyn

ABANDONED ZARATHA PROJECT

ive stored the old pictures of my half finished warframe design here

since DE created their own dragon warframe i've decided to drop mine :/ (atleast for the time beeing)

Zaratha:

Meet Zaratha: The dragon warframe. I came up with her when i started playing the game and to my disappointment i never saw anything like her in the game and they never implemented anything like a dragon either (I mean who chooses a reindeer over a @(*()$ DRAGON!)

Once again there have been a lot of internal debates and struggles within the confines of my mind and after what seemed an eternity of bloody feuds with myself i managed to come up with this.

Actually i intended to make a male first but about half way through in the shaping of the body (that is to say the moment i realized how much work i would have to do in order to get desired results) i decided that since i would be staring at this sorry @$$ for quite a while that i at least would make it pleasant to look at. So my warframe got an extensive sex change...

Anyways here she is in all her (half finished) Glory

As I've pointed out she is not nearly completed i have still a lot of work to do on the legs and torso and i haven't done a thing to the feet (I just stuck a lump of clay there to add the illusion of completion.)

Head - Front

jBXtYnb.png

Head - Side

N5BOnHg.png

Front

eRjKyMC.png

Side

cWDn91V.png

Back

vPXPeqL.png

Gauntlet - Front

JSU2LKw.png

Gauntlet - Back

LsYWnyy.png

Front - Armored

BjL4tph.png

Side - Armored

YKa0RR1.png

Back - Armored

CyNnmPJ.png

I will come up with stats later 

Powers. 

1. Dragons Roar:

Zaratha sounds a deafening roar that stuns and terrifies all enemies in range causing them to drop what they are doing and, if able, run away.

•Rank 0: 5% Chance to stun enemies within range, those who are not stunned will be terrified.

Effective range and duration: 5m for 5 seconds 

•Rank 1: 25% Chance to stun enemies within range, those who are not stunned will be terrified.

Effective range and duration: 10m for 10 seconds 

•Rank 2: 45% Chance to stun enemies within range, those who are not stunned will be terrified.

Effective range and duration: 15m for 15 seconds 

•Rank 3: 65% Chance to stun enemies within range, those who are not stunned will be terrified.

Effective range and duration: 20m for 20 seconds 

(Can be affected by Range, efficiency and duration mods)

2. Dragon-Fire:

Zaratha spews flame forward causing a layer of pure inferno to stick to anything it touches enemies and environment alike causing fire DOT to all who touches it. 

•Rank 0: pool of fire with a diameter of 5 meters causing 200 damage over 5 seconds to whoever touches it and additional 200 damage/s if still standing in the pool

•Rank 1:pool of fire with a diameter of 7 meters causing 300 damage over 5 seconds to whoever touches it and additional 300 damage/s if still standing in the pool

•Rank 2:pool of fire with a diameter of 9 meters causing 400 damage over 5 seconds to whoever touches it and additional 400 damage/s if still standing in the pool

•Rank 3:pool of fire with a diameter of 11 meters causing 500 damage over 5 seconds to whoever touches it and additional 500 damage/s if still standing in the pool

(Can be affected by strength, efficiency, range and duration mods)

3. Dragon Hide:

Zaratha hardens her shields around her to form a second layer of skin that effectively Multiplies her armor and maximum HP at the expense of depleting her shields. Shields will not regenerate until the effects wear of. (can be used in mid-air)

•Rank 0: Multiply armor and health by 2 - Reduces shields by 25% Effect lasts for 30 seconds

•Rank 1: Multiply armor and health by 4 - Reduces shields by 50% Effect lasts for 60 seconds 

•Rank 2: Multiply armor and health by 6 - Reduces shields by 75% Effect lasts for 120 seconds

•Rank 3: Multiply armor and health by 8 - Reduces Shields by 90% Effect lasts for 180 Seconds

(Can be affected by strength, efficiency and duration mods, however shield reduction cannot be decreased)

4. Dragons Flight:

Zaratha Sprouts wings of energy and launches herself up high into the air and then forward, slicing anything she touches while releases a barrage of flaming projectiles that bombards the ground as she flies.(can be used in mid-air)

•Rank 0: Fly at a height of 3m and length of 30m causing 150 slash damage while bombarding the surface with 5 projectiles causing 50 explosion damage each.

•Rank 1: Fly at a height of 3,5m and length of 32m causing 200 slash damage while bombarding the surface with 8 projectiles causing 80 explosion damage each.

•Rank 2: Fly at a height of 4m and length of 34m causing 250 slash damage while bombarding the surface with 11 projectiles causing 110 explosion damage each.

•Rank 3: Fly at a height of 4,5m and length of 36m causing 300 slash damage while bombarding the surface with 14 projectiles causing 140 explosion damage each.

(Can be affected by strength, range, efficiency  and duration mods)

as always, feel free to offer any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.
Edited by Rothyn

I like the model, it looks very professional.

However it doesn't look very... Warframe-y.

Warframes are known to look very organic, almost like the suits are molded to their bodies. I've heard that the original artist took inspiration from insects when he made the first few Warframes.

Almost all Warframes have at least one feature that is asymmetrical, whereas yours almost has none, although that might be because it's unfinished.

So all in all.

Model quality: 8.5 / 10 Looks very promising, but still unfinished.

Artstyle matching: 4/10 It almost looks like a generic amazon warrior, needs to be way more organic and a tad asymmetrical. Armor looks really out of place, so merge it with the original body instead of making it look like it could come off.

Also
>No lotus Symbol

Every Warframe has a body part that has a lotus symbol or similar imprinted on it. This may be because >No texture, but alright.

Edited by Lukap99

I like the model, it looks very professional.

However it doesn't look very... Warframe-y.

Warframes are known to look very organic, almost like the suits are molded to their bodies. I've heard that the original artist took inspiration from insects when he made the first few Warframes.

Almost all Warframes have at least one feature that is asymmetrical, whereas yours almost has none, although that might be because it's unfinished.

So all in all.

Model quality: 8.5 / 10 Looks very promising, but still unfinished.

Artstyle matching: 4/10 It almost looks like a generic amazon warrior, needs to be way more organic and a tad asymmetrical. Armor looks really out of place, so merge it with the original body instead of making it look like it could come off.

Also

>No lotus Symbol

Every Warframe has a body part that has a lotus symbol or similar imprinted on it. This may be because >No texture, but alright.

Everything you just said is valid and true...which is why i am currently working on it :P

Everything you just said is valid and true...which is why i am currently working on it :P

Good to know, I wasn't trying to flatter you when I said that this looks promising.

I shall be monitoring your progress and providing feedback. I might not be an professional artist but hey, feedback is still feedback.

P.S. You might want to click the follow button on the top right corner.

Good to know, I wasn't trying to flatter you when I said that this looks promising.

I shall be monitoring your progress and providing feedback. I might not be an professional artist but hey, feedback is still feedback.

P.S. You might want to click the follow button on the top right corner.

Well i'm not a professional either i just started learning 3D sculpting about 6 months ago :P

Hmm.. The Warframe itself looks really cool armored, but the problem is that it doesn't look like a Tenno/Orokin design at all. A bit of shifting around of the armor and a few color changes and it could work pretty well. As well as perhaps a few smoother sections on the helmet.

Beyond that, I do advise lowering the Dragon Hide's multiplication counta bit in the higher tiers, as well as Dragon Flight's fireball count. Just seems a bit over powered if you ask me.

Otherwise, I love this. a lot.

Edited by Dequire

Hmm.. The Warframe itself looks really cool armored, but the problem is that it doesn't look like a Tenno/Orokin design at all. A bit of shifting around of the armor and a few color changes and it could work pretty well. As well as perhaps a few smoother sections on the helmet.

Beyond that, I do advise lowering the Dragon Hide's multiplication counta bit in the higher tiers, as well as Dragon Flight's fireball count. Just seems a bit over powered if you ask me.

Otherwise, I love this. a lot.

do a power overhaul? -->Done... i lowered the time and multiplication counter on Dragon hide and made an complete overhaul on dragons flight... noticed after a few calculations that it was completely OP even in rank 1 :P

Edited by Rothyn