The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Infinite Feral Kubrow Spawns

Discount_Stepbro

So yeah, I'm about to attract a whole bunch of hate from the community from this, anyhow, here goes.

So, I'm not 100% sure about how the feral kubrow spawns are supposed to work, but up untill now I've only seen 2-3 kubrows spawn from the nests after killing the initial ones standing outside them, which is why this grabbed my attention.

Today (21/08/2014) I was running some exterminate runs on E Prime for the sake of.. well Bite and the off chance of a Tranquil Cleave.

I was running with Nekros for the sake of "desecrateboosting" my chances of finding what I was looking for, however when I walked up to a nest, shot it once to spawn some more Kubrows, they spawned as usual, and then I desecrated, this is where it started getting weird.

Upon desecrating 4 more kubrows came rushing out of the same nest, killed them, desecrated, and once more 4 kubrows ran out of the nest, this kept on for atleast 40-50 kubrows before they stopped spawning from this single nest.

As a sidenote, shooting the nest did not spawn more kubrows, as per usual when you've killed enough kubrows from 1 nest, however desecrate was pretty much spitting out kubrows for me.

I just found it hard to believe that this was intended in any way, unfortunatley the idea of taking screenshots did not occur to me until I was back on my ship.

I have a feeling this has something to do with loot around the dens, because I see more spawn, and they don't instantly go after me unless im within close proximity, and they'll start grabbing all the ammo packs around the den. If I proceed to kill them, then more spawn, and they do the same S#&$ without aggroing on me until I attack them