The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Entering A New Tile Causes Stuttering

Zadruke

Now and then when someone enters a newly loaded room and the map expands, I annoyingly freeze for about half a second. While not that bad initially, I just played an alert mission with speed runners who ran so fast from the start that the game had trouble loading all the new rooms and my screen was practically frozen. Sometimes I may even walk in and the room wont have loaded yet and the game will freeze with me standing in the air with only the background until the tile loads in a split second later. What annoys me is that I'm running at about 50-60 fps so while a little stuttering doesn't sound too bad, it really pulls you out of the immersion when the game stops responding for a split second and the audio cuts off when you enter a new room. I'm running on a low end rig with a HD 4000 i5 2.4 ghz. Would anyone know what the source of the problem would be? I have my graphics card on performance and task manager says cpu usage is pretty active at about 40-60% while in game (but sometimes spikes to 94% after a stutter). Thanks in advance.