Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

150% Crit... Seems Like 75-90% Chance..

NicoDemon

Unless armor reduces crit chance I see no reason why having 150 crit should not crit every shot. I tested this on an exterminate mission against grineer and I was not critting every arrow I shot at the bastards. I do understand that multishot arrows have their own crit chance probability but even when only one arrow hit it sometimes did not crit.

Because it adds 150% of your guns' crit. so it's not like Crit% = X+150, it's Crit% =X * (1+150/100) 

So if there's, say, 10% crit base, the 150% mod would make it 25% crit, not 160.

Drats, I type too slowly.

Edited by GTG3000

Yeah, the whole crit system needs a bit more transparency imo.

I remember getting my crit mods up to +100% and thinking I was going to crit every shot, and then going into a game and having the realization sinking in that the crit boost was probably modifying a lower number that I had no idea even existed.

Guns should show their crit % in the stats alongside the other stuff like damage and fire rate.

It's an important stat.

Edited by Haif

The whole stay in school thing was unnecessary for not every game works the same. I wasn't sure if it modified the weapons crit chance or if it was independent. So thank you for answering my question. So it is a modifier not a flat increase.

What would an additive bonus of 150% critical chance even mean? Probability >1? That alone should indicate that it's multiplicative off the base....

It's not that far-fetched if you think about multishot. You can get over 120% multishot on the pistol, after all, though multishot obviously functions differently than crit in this game.

Well before the 7.0 melee weapons at least would give you a hint about how much Critical Chance it had on the old skill tree system but I'm pretty sure that the values for some dagger I guess was about 7.5 Critical Chance, yep it didnt display as percentage before.... so now that we cant check this sort of info it's kinda confusing -.-'

This comment is just stupid. Because critical chance is a percentage already, a mod that says +X% critical chance is ambiguous, so this has nothing to do with schooling.

Cube just let the troll do his work and troll, if you dont give him attention he'll go away ;)