Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Knockback And Stuns

obliviousjd

I have been playing warframe for a good amount of time and there is one thing that frustrates me greatly. It is when enemies knock you back, or make you 'stunned'. It is the most annoying thing i have encountered in the game, because you are not able to move or fight for the three or so seconds. This is problematic because by the time your warframe recovers, the enemy is ready to stun you again. This creates an endless cycle of being stunned, recovering, then being stunned again. The only way i have been getting out of this is by using my "slash dash" ability, however energy isn't always available. You could also have a teammate help you out but i can't trust my allies to constantly watch me as they are looting or fighting(also allies won't help you if you want to play solo). I don't feel like the feature needs to be removed. I just would like them to be modified. there are several ways i can suggest:

Suggestion 1. You're a super alien badass, reduce the recovery/stun time. I feel as if the warframe slowly limps to his feet even though he is in the heat of combat.
Suggestion 2: Grant immunity to stuns while your shields are up. Your shields are able to absorb hundreds of bullets, grenades and other explosions, but not a punch from a regular grunt solider.

Suggestion 3: Add a retaliate event that occurs when you are stunned and allows you to push enemies in an aoe around your warframe. (doing no damage). Just so they can't stun you right after you recover.

This has been a major problem for me in the game. I would like to hear the communities opinion on the matter and I'm open to feedback.

Edited by obliviousjd

I know that feel bro.

Ive been here for a while and it has always been a problem. I'm hoping for a recovery mechanic in the next update but for now we just have to cope.

Also, when 3 or more shockwave moas attack me, I am pretty much getting thrown around the room unable to do anything. Just saying.

The livestream, the last one, devs spoke of mods to handle it...but I think adding a mod to my already packed loadout would be too much. Perhaps your suggestions and a mod, let people choose... some people may want the mod just so they can melee without being bumped around. Freedom of choice is good.

I feel the Infested need a re-design though. Ancients aren't comparable to the other factions equivalents. Heavy troopers aren't as much of a hassle or prevalent. (Come on.. HUD disruption + shield AND energy drain, in a high health, high armor enemy, that charges at you, and you can be fighting 5+ at once, and just for fun they can shoot that disrupt crap out of their butt at you magically...while you are being pinballed all over the place...uuugh.. I've been in closed beta for months, and I just hate ancient disrupters more and more, rollers are second, then toxic ancients third. As much as I love killing infested, I also hate how terribly annoying they are. If it wasn't for Frost mods I'd lose my mind.)

Edited by Alienami

I'd like to point out that certain bullets can still flinch you even if your shield tanks all the damage (Funnily enough, these also come from a MOA...), so it's not like they're also shock absorbers.

They COULD make it so the same enemy is only able to flinch/stun you every ten seconds or so. That way a single charger wouldn't be able to stunlock your shield off, but a mob of them would be a significant threat, which I think was the intention with that enemy anyway.

Stunlocking is one of the most serious problems in the game. Although the devs mentioned introducing a mod to reduce the stunned time, i think a complete rework of the player knocked-down/stunned mechanics would be much better, particularly allowing players to roll out of a stagger or perform a quick flip-recovery from knockdown like the MOAs do at the expense of stamina.