The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boltor Vs Braton

Arzete

Braton seems like a jack of all trades. With the right mods, you can use it effectively against everything, but it won't excel like some of the other weapons do.

The Boltor, on the other hand, is devastating against Grineer. If you stripped away their armor, Grineer are rather squishy, and the Boltor ignores the armor and does full damage. I believe it does half damage against Infested though, seeing as that the bolts were made to go through armor, and lacking any armor to pierce the bolt would pass straight through without causing too much damage.

Braton is your basic weapon, it works against everything at any range, as long as it's sufficiently modded to the task. However, ammo consumption is a bit fast and accuracy at long range is slightly dropped.

The Boltor has one advantage and one disadvantage. It ignores armor but has travel time before the spike hit the target. Travel time makes the gun suitable for medium-close range combat but rather poor in long range engagement, especially when there's lag involved. Modded, it's devastating against all types of enemies and ragdoll physic is always fun to watch.

However, take note that all weapons deal half damage against bosses. Bolt weapons also affected by this mechanic. Bring extra ammo box when you engage boss.

Braton seems like a jack of all trades. With the right mods, you can use it effectively against everything, but it won't excel like some of the other weapons do.

The Boltor, on the other hand, is devastating against Grineer. If you stripped away their armor, Grineer are rather squishy, and the Boltor ignores the armor and does full damage. I believe it does half damage against Infested though, seeing as that the bolts were made to go through armor, and lacking any armor to pierce the bolt would pass straight through without causing too much damage.

I think Syllabea hit it on the nose, but to add to it:

The Boltor bothers me quite a bit at longer ranges, the bolts like to stray off, even in controlled fire. When shooting moving targert at longer range, you need to lead the target as well as expect random straying bolts in order to hit your target at over 30ft or so. When something like the Braton has more accuracy with controlled fire and bullets travel fast enough to not feel the need to lead your targets.

The only real advantage the Braton has is accuracy, otherwise Boltor does everything better, honestly I was shocked after crafting it and changing from lvl 30 Braton to lvl 1 Boltor the damage is much much better now it's got to lvl 15. If you are going to fight at long range, might as well take a sniper weapon rather than use the Braton though.

Edited by Earl.Grey

The only real advantage the Braton has is accuracy, otherwise Boltor does everything better, honestly I was shocked after crafting it and changing from lvl 30 Braton to lvl 1 Boltor the damage is much much better now it's got to lvl 15. If you are going to fight at long range, might as well take a sniper weapon rather than use the Braton though.

Mk1 or standard Braton?

Yeah I thought so, just making sure, was kinda wondering why you would level your Mk1 to 30, besides just gaining mastery.

Mk1 yes, I leveled mine to 30 because I didn't really want to use the other weapons that were available and just wanted to craft something I'd keep.