The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To Prevent More People From Accidently Deleting There Kubrows...

(PSN)Darkrai848

If you can't take 2 seconds to READ THE WORDS....you deserve it.  Seriously..how can someone blindly click a button then blindly hit the confirmation.  If they wanna add a "CONSIGN" in all caps confirmation that's cool but what the hell....

My point is that the game should be programed an a way to prevent this from ever happening, not to call out the people that stupidly deleted them.  I mean it took DE over a month to add a Delete button for kubrow, I would think if it took that long they would have thought it out more.  From what I have read the enter key defaults to "yes" so if you click it and hit Enter its gone, which is not the best way to have programed it.  Ether disable the enter key, make Enter default to "no", add an extra confirmation, or a thing you have to type in.  I mean this is not the kind of thing that should be happening, and if it has happen already it will happen again too.

I find it extremely hilarious this sorta thing has to be implemented into games.

Why?  It's implemented into commercial software all the time.

A text-entry confirmation, or disabling "Enter means yes" for that screen is definitely a good idea.

If you can't take 2 seconds to READ THE WORDS....you deserve it.  Seriously..how can someone blindly click a button then blindly hit the confirmation.  If they wanna add a "CONSIGN" in all caps confirmation that's cool but what the hell....

Given that the Enter button auto selects "Yes", it's not that hard.  And errors like this happen all the time in computing; the point is that it's incredibly frustrating/upsetting to the user in that rare occurrence when it happens, so having a special dialog meant to slow things down is a good idea.  How many "Yes/No" dialogs does the game throw at you that you just click through?  There are TONS in the Arsenal that aren't very important, like if you want to discard changes while modding.

Edited by Variatas

It's good to have confirmation in some form and it's cool if they want to make adjustments...but you still shouldn't be clicking away or just mashing the enter key.  If you click consign and hit enter....duh you should KNOW that means you confirm.  It's not like you had to hit enter to select the consign option and hit it twice by accident.  I hope people get their kubrows back but derp indeed.