Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Some Help Deciding :/

TrueSone

Question

So basically I need some help deciding on what primary weapon I should buy...

Awhile ago, I had my eyes set on Gorgon but then I went on the wiki page and saw all these negative comments about it and it made me think twice about spending my credits on it...I currently have a rank 19 Braton. (The upgraded version, not default)

Should I buy the Gorgon when I reach rank 3 or should I just keep my Braton? What other guns would you guys suggest?

P.S: No shotguns please, i know they are very powerful but I like the feel of rifles better :P

6 answers to this question

It all comes down to preference and your playstyle, really. The pros and cons are there, the opinions shouldn't impact YOUR decision. The Gorgon, once ranked and fully modded can be pretty good, I am happy with mine, shoots fast and hits hard. Which is also another contributing factor, how you mod your weapons plays a a role on how "good" or "bad" it is. I enjoyed the Braton with some super fast fire rate but, it wasn't for me, so I stuck with the Gorgon instead. I hear Boltor is something to look into, currently working on a Hek, though so maybe after this I'll try Boltor ro get Sniperton and Latron outta the day, I am sure I won't be favoringthose : p

Edited by OrtuOcelot

I find the Braton ( i have the vandal) pretty meh against infested but great against corpus/grineer with appropriate mods. I would look to something that can be used when fighting infested. If you really don't like shotguns (you haven't tried the Hek :P) then the gorgon is good because of the volume of rounds it puts out (although i find it starts out pretty awful so you will want some mods for it asap). The Boltor is also pretty good although it fires slow projectiles which may not be to your liking.

The Gorgon is not bad, but to really shine it needs a Catalyst.

It has no Polarity Slot so 30 Mod Capacity is just not enough.

Ideally you want:

15 Split Chamber

10+ Serration(14 is the max but crazy expensive)

4-9 Cryo Rounds (slowed enemies are easier to headshot)

9 Piercing Hit

With a Catalyst you could add more damage from Fire and Shock mods, also maybe bigger magazine or spare ammo.

Edit: someone mentioned the Latron:

it is an excellent Rifle if you like Semi auto(i love them, even using the Gorgon as Semi Auto most of the time). It has a nice V Polarity Slot, is very acurate and you don't get in Ammo problems with it.

Even without a Catalyst this can be a very good Rifle.

Just make sure you have a fast firing sidearm (AKLato/AKBolto for ex.) or a good Melee weapon  against swarming Infested.

Edited by 7rance