Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Downloads A 5Gb Update?

LightSurge

I recently downloaded Warframe, played the game, got addictive, etc. But I started messing around with the options in the launcher, and I pressed "Defrag". I thought it would make it faster or whatever, cause my gameplay was pretty laggy. Then I exited cause I had to go. I went back on and it starts downloading a 5GB "update". I don't know if it was me pressing "Defrag" ; I don't even know what it does. I have limited space left on my laptop, and it's going to take up double the Warframe size on it, (10GB) because of this "update". Anyone have a clue? 

Maybe because you interrupted it mid process whilst still rearranging files, it may mess up its file structures or corrupted some very important files and the only thing it knows how to fix it is to download the whole game. This is just a guess.

Edited by Dalawantahr

Maybe because you interrupted it mid process whilst still rearranging files, it may mess up its file structures or corrupted some very important files and the only thing it knows how to fix it is to download the whole game. This is just a guess.

this is probably what happend.

That's most likely it. I pressed Defrag then I exited. Now I know. Thanks for the replies everyone! :D

• 3 months later...