Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Potato Discussion. (Orokin Reactor/catalyst)

Feam

I've played for a while, never bought any potatoes. Got probably 2 full sets of weapons + 3 spares sitting around. I've sold most of my unused weapons but kept every warframe and potatoed all of them too but just barely. I'm going to be 1 short once my banshee and saryn are both done. Frankly... I think the current system is fine. just play you will get what you need eventually.

Edited by xenapan

I've played for a while, never bought any potatoes. Got probably 2 full sets of weapons + 3 spares sitting around. I've sold most of my unused weapons but kept every warframe and potatoed all of them too but just barely. I'm going to be 1 short once my banshee and saryn are both done. Frankly... I think the current system is fine. just play you will get what you need eventually.

Same here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78260818/orokin.png

General response to a lot of comments

Many of the retorts raised here are tip-toeing around the facts with the concept of "They have nothing else to get money with". I'm trying to do it in a positive, productive way, but I am infact comparing Warframe to many other F2Ps - and none of them need to get in the way of progression - done by hard work and playtime rather than paying and luck only - to get money.

If theres nothing other than Pure ingame POWER AND ADVANCEMENT to make money off, there should be more interesting things in the store! They should make Boosters more appealing, mod packages more unique and interesting, and cosmetics will obviously never be questioned as Platinum only. That's simply standard and fair.

The starter Platinum is easily the most lenient thing I have seen in any F2P game ever, which is why I can't quite see it as a permanent feature. Did they confirm it to be that way? I figured it was just a Beta perk. Anyway, its a big big credit for them on that one. personally I can't see myself spending it on anything other than slots. I don't know if starter plat is the right path for the lenience they are looking for, either.

As for people who have an entire sack of potatoes laying around, I can't blame you for not caring for the subject, but I've seen a lot of people on the other side of the street with several weeks of no good Login rewards and the inability to participate in Alerts.

All in all the system isn't BAD, I never meant it to sound that way. It simply isn't OPTIMAL.

Quite a few people already said that an upgrade to the time potato missions last for alone would be just enough of a fix. Not even 18-24hours to work globally, just 12 hours which is the current Standard Dev Alert time.

Frankly? After this long debate with many overpowered, underpowered, and crazy suggestions (*cough* mostly by me *cough*) I see absolutely no reason why that can't be a reality. 12 hours rather than 10 minutes, which was the appearant time of the last potato alert that forums claimed was "glitched out".

People would still have to check and stay dedicated, it simply wouldn't screw over 80% of the playerbase with timezones and a not so lenient real life.

P.S aside from 12 hours change to the potato alerts,the "Mega Alert Events of super hard missions" is still a fun idea to come out of this thread.

Edited by Feam

Regardless of whether it involves potatoes or not, I think a weekly mega-raid sounds like an awesome idea. Something that is difficult and requires more teamwork and such would be really cool.

Also, 5 potatoes in 2 weeks is ridiculous. I only have the one from an alert mission; log-in rewards hate me.

I agree with the OP I wouldn't mind paying credits for reactor/catalyst blueprints, but that has to be expensive enough not to be able to get say 5 in an 8 hour play session of extreme farming.  That said I know it isn't needed to play, but I would like to have something else besides luck and hoping i am home or awake during an event.