Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Jump Needs More Utility

Tainted_Fox

I like the jump ability because so unique in a simple way but lacks potential to be used properly in combat

some ideas i thought of on what they could add to super jump 

1. be able to super jump off walls

adds more utility on jump, and being able to jump wall to wall would be awesome even just off one wall would be just as good. super jump off while wall running and sliding down walls just more practical utility 

2. add proper synergy with slash dash (or other abilities) 
as opposed to slashing towards where the Excalibur is facing, while in mid air with super jump he should slash dash down or across at the direction where the crosshair is aiming. or even increasing the radius of radical blind while in mid air would be cool

3. add more damage or slightly bigger aoe radius on jump attack

gives you another intensive to dodge attacks and do better damage trades with enemies

4. alter the the trajectory of the jump based on if your running or sprinting 

gives you 2 different kinds of jumps based on situations. a normal run speed or standing still should give you more height and sprinting should give you distance on your jump. so you have the choice on on distance or height

5. Let super jump proc on your next jump
as opposed to just pressing 3, it should just active next time you jump with your spacebar

i'm not sure if these have been already talked about on the forum so i made sure that i know at least one of em hasn't been mentioned . I'm also open to opinions and disagreements

It's a 10 energy skill that allows you to make huge jumps and thus take great shortcuts,

escape from death or get back into fights when knocked off platforms. If that's not a great ultility, nothing is. 

Super Jump is severely underrated. One can even argue that this is one of the most useful skills in the game.

Edited by Bitfly

I agree with Bitfly, I've used this skill all the time and is incredibly useful and flows well in combat. Use it well and it works well. Have to remember also that the game is still in early development and stuff like this mentioned will surely be implemented at a later date.

It already has a lot of synergy with slash dash, and it already covers more ground if you're sprinting.

i don't think i made myself clear enough with number 2, when you slash dash in midair you just fall with gravity in the direction your cross hair is facing. I was trying to say he should slash dash in a straight line without effect falling dismally. like a dive attack of some sort. I've also tried this while doing this post. its unresponsive and you might as well use it on ground.

also sprinting while super jumping doesn't cover much more distance than normal running, the difference in game is about a meter ish.

but that wasn't what i was getting at either. having the choice between height and distance based on many situations would add so much more utility on any situation

It's got plenty of utility and is a blast to use. It just costs too many mod points at the moment. Fully upgraded, Slash dash costs 5, radial blind costs 7, super jump costs 9. They acknowledged it didn't have enough use to justify the same energy cost as other tier 3 powers, so they lowered it from 75 to 10, now they need to do the same for it's mod cost.

I believe that you fail to see the ultility in this skill. Cause it's most definitely there. It needs no change at all.

(give a guy 1 overpowered skill, Slash Dash, and he suddenly wants all the others to be just as good).

@Sealgaire: The mod cost is perfectly fine; 5 points when maxed cause of polarity.

If you don't think it's worth 5 points don't use it. ALL the other warframes have much less useful skills

Edited by Bitfly

i see some of its utility in its ability to get to one place to another is fantastic and unique. i just dont see it any means to use it in any combat situations other than some in boss fights, but since slash dash seems to be easy way to get through i have no reason to use super jump

also if you just say there's utility and end your argument there i'm not gonna care 
tell me why i'm wrong. how else am i gonna know if no one tells me

EDIT: probably using utility in itself was bad choice of a word
combat utility would of been what im trying to argue here

Edited by Tainted_Fox

You can also jump out of crowds of enemies gangbanging you, so there's that. My main problem with it is it's not a real jump. It doesn't behave like a real jump and it's hard to work into your movement scheme in the same way as a real jump.

Edited by Yorinar

If you don't see it already, I'm not gonna bother. The ultility lies in the ultility of the skill, not just the damage or effects.

You're telling yourself that skills have to be combat skills, while Super Jump is more than just that.

It's one of the only skills that has any use out of combat, and yet it works great as a retreat / approach / positioning

skill in combat as well. At a 10 energy cost... If you don't like it, go back to spamming your Slash Dash like any troubled

kid who sees no use in Super Jump

Edited by Bitfly

You can also jump out of crowds of enemies gangbanging you, so there's that. My main problem with it is it's not a real jump. It doesn't behave like a real jump and it's hard to work into your movement scheme in the same way as a real jump.

thats true and is a good point, but you can also slash dash out of some situations and slash dashing around the immovable enemies and trade damage better. the upside to jumping is you save energy with the jump

If you don't see it already, I'm not gonna bother. The ultility lies in the ultility of the skill, not just the damage or effects.

You're telling yourself that skills have to be combat skills, while Super Jump is more than just that.

It's one of the only skills that has any use out of combat, and yet it works great as a retreat / approach / positioning

skill in combat as well. At a 10 energy cost... If you don't like it, go back to spamming your Slash Dash like any troubled

kid who sees no use in Super Jump

says he doesn't bother, then bothers XD

thanks for the edit and sorry for double posting. its ability to jump into to combat and do an aoe melee attack is awesome, its escapes is just as great. which i can understand why people are snobby at me when i say super jump lacks combat potential. my apologies. but while slash dash is op and my normal jump is just as useful (AND FREE) there's no reason to use super jump, i have no intensive to use it at all

when i made this post i did have some doubts if these are too much for super jump. which is why i like no.5 the best, because its the easiest to implement and controls would be much better for gameplay with Excalibur 

I believe that you fail to see the ultility in this skill. Cause it's most definitely there. It needs no change at all.

(give a guy 1 overpowered skill, Slash Dash, and he suddenly wants all the others to be just as good).

@Sealgaire: The mod cost is perfectly fine; 5 points when maxed cause of polarity.

If you don't think it's worth 5 points don't use it. ALL the other warframes have much less useful skills

So you don't feel a power's cost should reflect it's usefulness? Do you think super jump is more useful than slash dash and radial blind?

I might just be the lazy gun play melee player, but I only use slash dash and super jump on excalibur :x and i just use super jump to speed up getting around.  I wouldn't mind if they changed super jump so you could do it midjump xd be pretty sweet then.