Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo system

Smalltime

As we all know combos are a big part of mmo action games and it seems that would perfectly work with Warframe. We can build quick combos to earn extra exp and maybe this may also open up some special skills which requires specific amount of combos only. What do you think?

Edited by Smalltime

I don't think I'd go as far as calling this an MMO.... But that's a fight I've gotten into far too many times to no avail. In a nutshell, it's like saying Call of Duty is an MMO because you can use matchmaking to get into a match with any number of people.

Anyway, enough off topicness! You mean a combo system like "You hit this dude bro X ammount of times! Yeah! You're awesome!" Because those are kinda silly and just there to get me to see how high I can make that number go, even though it doesn't really do anything for me.

Or a legitimate combo system like: X ammount of normal swings followed by Y Ammount of Hard attacks and maybe the insertion of a power somewhere in there executes Z super awesome technique of wrecking your face in some flashy and dramatic fashion. That would be a *@##$in combo system.

Further complexity could be added by incorporating movement into that. Use of the slides, jumps, dodges, sommersault jump thingy? Wall runnig/jumping if that ever coems in. Also I still want the option to kick enemies and bash them with my gun or hilt of my blade. :3

Izuna Drop anyone?.

This one was just awesome o3o

For this to work, though, they need to make it so you are able to follow through with a power attack right after a standard attack. As it is, you have to wait to come to a complete stop with your normal attack to execute a power attack. Meanwhile regular attacks you can chain infinitely by bashing the melee key.

Edit: Was not aware that bishin (with a t instead of an s) would be censored. o.o

Edited by Reiken

I don't think I'd go as far as calling this an MMO.... But that's a fight I've gotten into far too many times to no avail. In a nutshell, it's like saying Call of Duty is an MMO because you can use matchmaking to get into a match with any number of people.

Anyway, enough off topicness! You mean a combo system like "You hit this dude bro X ammount of times! Yeah! You're awesome!" Because those are kinda silly and just there to get me to see how high I can make that number go, even though it doesn't really do anything for me.

Or a legitimate combo system like: X ammount of normal swings followed by Y Ammount of Hard attacks and maybe the insertion of a power somewhere in there executes Z super awesome technique of wrecking your face in some flashy and dramatic fashion. That would be a *@##$in combo system.

Further complexity could be added by incorporating movement into that. Use of the slides, jumps, dodges, sommersault jump thingy? Wall runnig/jumping if that ever coems in. Also I still want the option to kick enemies and bash them with my gun or hilt of my blade. :3

Izuna Drop anyone?.

This one was just awesome o3o

For this to work, though, they need to make it so you are able to follow through with a power attack right after a standard attack. As it is, you have to wait to come to a complete stop with your normal attack to execute a power attack. Meanwhile regular attacks you can chain infinitely by bashing the melee key.

Edit: Was not aware that bishin (with a t instead of an s) would be censored. o.o

Really nice ideas. After all these suggestions, i remembered Cyborg Ninja from MGS series who was able to reflect bullets with his blade. This would be a nice skill for a specific Frame. I don't know which one is the quickest one but...

I think the bullet deflection was hilarious. xD

Warframe ability: Blender. Spins your melee weapon infront of you at ludicrous speed! Deflects all incoming gunfire! Blends all enemies it comes into contact with! Lasts 5 seconds.

I think Ash/Loki are light frames. o.o