The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stalker And Player Levels

NoeleVeerod

I used to know the Stalker attacks players of Mastery rank 5 or higher. But he has just attempted to assassinate a rank 3 player in front of us before we managed to drive him off...

...but the question is: how is that? I must have missed something in the recent updates, because I read this minimum rank required thing I am talking about from one of the first updates after Update 7.

<p>It's warframe levels, but there is one annoying thing i have experienced... Whenever i pick gear with me that's higher than on rank 15, the stalker encounters seem to be significantly reduced. I started playing with Rhino the other day, got completely new gear to rank everything up the same time. Immediatly when Rhino reached rank 5, i had stalker encounter... Amazingly i managed to elude 'im but with totally new gear i couldn't stand up to destroy him. Same happened in the next mission... and in next. But when i switched my Braton Vandal on so i could put an end to him, he stopped appearing. He didn't arrive as long as i had vandal with me. Then i switched back to Braton (not vandal mind you), again. Appeared on two missions in fast succession. When my Viper ranked 15, it stopped again, haven't seen Stalker since then.</p>

According to what I've read etc, it has to do with Warframe level and nothing to do with actual mastery level.  People have also linked this to recently killing bosses etc, but this has neither been confirmed nor denied.  Could just have something to do with people farming the boss and if they are farming they are playing for extended periods of time and notice the Stalker spawn.

Which brings up another idea of could it be something to do with consecutive time played.  AKA the devs way of saying "Hey you've been playing for a long time, maybe it's time to take a break?"  There's tons of games with things like this built in, so why not Warframe?

No ones really nailed down how he gets "summoned" to my knowledge. Some combination of having your warframe rank above that of the area you're in, having killed a certain boss, and perhaps some other factors. With the devs denying he exists it's still just kind of a grab bag. I got attacked by the stalker on my rank 9 or so frame in Jupiter the other day. Mastery Rank 4, no weapon above rank 10.

Doing solo farming runs a few days ago, carrying a rank 30 Lex, a low rank Braton on a rank 30 potatoed Ember and he tried to hit me.  Got jumped twice in quick succession on a rank 20+ volt with the same rank 30 Lex yesterday.  Minimum rank and a boss kill seem to be the only things needed to make yourself a target.  

Some other post last week ( cant find it now) mentioned that every boss kill gets you "tickets" towards gaining stalker's attention and once you have enough, he is going to pester you until the tickets run out. Running theory attached to it was you kill him, minor drop in tickets, he kills you, major drop in tickets.  Not sure if true, but I will add that ive done a lot more boss runs lately and the number of times stalker has made his presence known has increased dramatically since i started offing bosses to enlarge the warframe collection.

I killed the Grineer boss... The early one with the machine gun? General something? I'll edit with the wiki in a second.

Edit: General Sargas Ruk

The very next mission, the Stalker started sending me messages about getting away with an assassination of that very boss I killed, and how he was coming for me.

I had no idea who he was, or what was about to happen, but sure enough he popped out of no where and killed me. After I was dead, he said "Archistopheles has been elimitinated etc etc" and then left.

My gear and frame were all < 20. I still had the MK1 too.

Edited by Archistopheles

Doing solo farming runs a few days ago, carrying a rank 30 Lex, a low rank Braton on a rank 30 potatoed Ember and he tried to hit me.  Got jumped twice in quick succession on a rank 20+ volt with the same rank 30 Lex yesterday.  Minimum rank and a boss kill seem to be the only things needed to make yourself a target.  

Some other post last week ( cant find it now) mentioned that every boss kill gets you "tickets" towards gaining stalker's attention and once you have enough, he is going to pester you until the tickets run out. Running theory attached to it was you kill him, minor drop in tickets, he kills you, major drop in tickets.  Not sure if true, but I will add that ive done a lot more boss runs lately and the number of times stalker has made his presence known has increased dramatically since i started offing bosses to enlarge the warframe collection.

I don't really think the "tickets" system would be a reasonable explanation  or at least just to a certain extent. I've spent the last 3-4 days farming bosses for the broadest range of reasons possible, and he didn't attempt to kill me once. Also, I was always in a group and never as a host, or alone. Then, yesterday evening I started an alert alone since nobody was playing that one, and finally he came after me (only to find a room full of MOAs and cr*p, but that's another story).

The point is - yes, the more you kill bosses the more you should be "eligible" for a special visit, but sometimes you just need to &!$$ some boss off once to cause his arrival.

Edited by Vintovka

I don't really think the "tickets" system would be a reasonable explanation  or at least just to a certain extent. I've spent the last 3-4 days farming bosses for the broadest range of reasons possible, and he didn't attempt to kill me once. Also, I was always in a group and never as a host, or alone. Then, yesterday evening I started an alert alone since nobody was playing that one, and finally he came after me (only to find a room full of MOAs and cr*p, but that's another story).

The point is - yes, the more you kill bosses the more you should be "eligible" for a special visit, but sometimes you just need to &!$$ some boss off once to cause his arrival.

This actually makes me wonder if only the host is a valid target for stalker attacks. I've only encountered him a very few times and I rarely host games myself, but I'm fairly sure the last two times he targeted me I was the host.

i hadn't seen him in forever, then i killed Ruk for an Orikin Cell i needed and he showed up in the next mission i did. so only 1 time for that, problem was that he said he was here because i killed Kril even though i never did. so i kinda don't think too much about his motivations since it seems like even he is confused about what the hek he's doing and why ~(-.-)~

I find it's erratic when he arrives, sometimes I may not have killed a boss in days and he comes at me, today he ambushed me saying I'll pay for killing Nef Anyo. I have not killed Nef in like 2 weeks and just yesterday I killed Vor 30 times.