Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sniper

Jedi

Ok so after grinding enough credits to buy the sniper rifle, it can only hold 4 bullets and the ammo capacity is extremely small.

Im constantly running out of ammo, even with adding  the mod for ammo capacity. If it was 7 bullets before a reload it would not be so bad but 4 bullets, This is not WW2 guys surely in the future we can hold more bullets than your standard ww2 bolt action rifle.

Not enough Ammo

4 bullets fired before you need to reload

Reload times very very slow.

Now I know this gun will be very nice when its all ranked up but starting off as a sniper can be a real pain in the &#! and its not fun at all.

I think there should be a lot MORE info in the Market section giving a detailed description of each weapon instead of these tiny little Tool tips you have right now.

Great game, Great guns but starting off as a sniper really blows.

Edited by Jedi

ever heard of the warframe wiki?

Not a real answer to the OP's suggestion, honestly... Players shouldn't have to resort to a community managed Wiki for basic information about stats and such when obviously they're a big part of the game. 

I would've commented on the roughness of the UI and the missing introductory help/information for players (WTF are artifacts anyways? What are the ones that show up on the right side after a mission? Mine? Other players in my Squad? Can we bid to win one? What's going on? Where's my car?), but I understand this is beta, so there's plenty of room for improvement... And I say we start with the OP's suggestion for detailed item info in the market...

edit: corrected typo... [And I saw* we start...] 

Edited by the_returned

You would have been better off with the paris, much more effective. Reloads faster and does more damage.

Snipetron still deal more damage late-game for the V polarity, no has problems against enemies and bosses with Bolt tyipe resist and the Hight zoom make consecutive headshoots a cakewalk

The only problem of the snipetron is the reload speed and low magazine.

Paris is changing Power for more movement since paris is always accurate even if you are running.

Edited by Dasmir

I actually just made a post about this.

The Snipertron just sucks straight up.  Sure you can see big numbers, but at the end of the day you will get 4 kills per mag and then a long &#! reload time ( even with the mod). 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/29014-snipertron-is-kinda-meh/

if you want to read about my opinion about it.

The Snipertron just sucks straight up.  Sure you can see big numbers, but at the end of the day you will get 4 kills per mag and then a long &#! reload time ( even with the mod). 

just read it interesting ideas put forth, I cant comment on the sections about nerfs to other guns as I have no experience with them but do agree on fixing snipertron. Im not sure about ignoring armour although shooting through other enemy should be enabled with this sniper rifle.

I was very unhappy at not being able to shoot through at least 1 enemy to kill another when I 1st tried the gun, Ammo cartridge sigh. Im glad the game is in beta tho it does have some ammount of potential even the movement system has to be polished and smooth I just hope they get it right before the clone wars begins.

ever heard of the warframe wiki?

Not a real answer to the OP's suggestion, honestly... Players shouldn't have to resort to a community managed Wiki for basic information

Its ok i did expect some one to post this answer and I was going to put in a counter even before it was mentioned but didnt bother.

Edit - hmm my quote got messed up owell.

Edited by Jedi

I agree the reload speed its just bad. The devs should make snipetron like a true sniper.

1 Bullet magazine with 0.3-0.4 reload time. So shooting 6 bullets ( Like lex) should be 2.4 sec used in reload.

I agree the reload speed its just bad. The devs should make snipetron like a true sniper.

1 Bullet magazine with 0.3-0.4 reload time. So shooting 6 bullets ( Like lex) should be 2.4 sec used in reload.

Why on earth would a sniper rifle only have one bullet? Even bolt action rifles from WW2 have 5 to 10 bullet magazines.

Edit: What I'd do is lower the price (15 to 20 K) and increase the magazine to 10. It can keep the sloooow reload. It should be a starter rifle, opening the way for more interesting and tricky to use weapons like Paris, Railguns, Lasers, Plasma cannons and Gyrojet Sniper rifles.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Why on earth would a sniper rifle only have one bullet? Even bolt action rifles from WW2 have 5 to 10 bullet magazines.

Edit: What I'd do is lower the price (15 to 20 K) and increase the magazine to 10. It can keep the sloooow reload. It should be a starter rifle, opening the way for more interesting and tricky to use weapons like Paris, Railguns, Lasers, Plasma cannons and Gyrojet Sniper rifles.

Technically if you have a bolt action rifle with no clip there are less moving parts and less things to touch the barrel as the gun goes off so you get more precision and accuracy. When all you need is one shot you want that one to go where your aiming. Everything has a tradeoff and an ideal situation.

To the OP's point the Snipetron definitely gets better with mods. since the mods scale with a % of the weapons damage you get better returns on the sniper than other weapons. Also as stated by others, with damage mods then you won't need as much ammo. I haven't really had a problem myself with running out. Reload speed is another good one.

Personally I don't really see a way of adjusting the starting effectiveness of the snipetron without it also effecting it later and making it a little too strong.

Technically if you have a bolt action rifle with no clip there are less moving parts and less things to touch the barrel as the gun goes off so you get more precision and accuracy. When all you need is one shot you want that one to go where your aiming. Everything has a tradeoff and an ideal situation.

To the OP's point the Snipetron definitely gets better with mods. since the mods scale with a % of the weapons damage you get better returns on the sniper than other weapons. Also as stated by others, with damage mods then you won't need as much ammo. I haven't really had a problem myself with running out. Reload speed is another good one.

Personally I don't really see a way of adjusting the starting effectiveness of the snipetron without it also effecting it later and making it a little too strong.

The whole problem of the snipetron is the reload speed/Magazine becouse its already a powerhouse but you can only do 4 kills and wait a year for other 4 kills....

Well I used snipetron for some time  and IMHO the only thing it's missing is innate armor piersing. It was buffed in 7.3.3 (like all rifles) and 1k+ crits  with it rather good now (sometimes). But armor piersing is afwul: I can't pierce Lieutenant's Lech Kril helmet.

Edited by demminik

Well I used snipetron for some time  and IMHO the only thing it's missing is innate armor piersing. It was buffed in 7.3.3 (like all rifles) and 1k+ crits  with it rather good now (sometimes). But armor piersing is afwul: I can't pierce Lieutenant's Lech Kril helmet.

Trust me if the snipetron has Bolt type ammo it will do LESS dmg against that boss.

I dont think I made my point clear, all I ment  was the snipertron starting off really sucks unless you have access to a map like kappa then the ranks are going to go up 1 by 1 very slowly shooting 4 bullets at a time before a reload.

1234 reload 1234 reload 1234 reload 1234 reload....... now this believe it or not is supposed to be a fast paced action game correct ? How is it possible to keep up the pace if i need to reload every 4 bullets. It should be increased up to 7 bullets.

Lets remove Head shots from the equation, thats 2 kills per 4 bullets if your lucky ( starting off ) some times you need 3 bullets then your left with 1 bullet to wound the next enemy before you need to reload again to kill that enemy.

There are many examples like the above that restrict the fast paced action in this game for us snipers increase the bullets from 4 to 7 and keep the reload times the same.  The gun scales well no one is going to disagree there but 4 bullets im sorry it just cant match this games fast paced team action playstyle.

Now I know some people will just make the point about getting in more head shots, yes its very easy to do so in single player or two player match but in the heat of battle in a full group getting head shots is easyer said than done when every one is trying to get as many kills as they can to get good stats. Later lvls ok sure the mobs will get insta gibed but please dont forget the whole point of this topic is about starting off as a sniper and not how well it scales besides I think the majority still agree that 4 bullets sucks &#! =)

Thanks for all the feed back keep it coming its good to see such interest and im not the only one that feels this way.

ps: 7 bullets i mentioned is almost a random figure any more than 4 has to be good =p

Edited by Jedi

I agree with OP about starting mag too low. Disregarding anything else that's posted, about later efficiency it's labeled a SNIPER rifle. Sniper rifle by definition = 1 shot, 1 kill.

Or call it a straight bolt so the reload animation just has your avatar either pump a shotgun like handle to expel the 1" shell it just fired (so maybe it won't be accurate to 5km big deal), or the old school bolt handle that's about the size of a lato handle.

Also vote for damage to be innate armour (yes this is how you actually spell it!) pierce of at least 75% and a puncture of 1

While bolt action rifles are currently more accurate than semi auto, advances in machining are closing the gap right now. I doubt bolt action will exist outside of hunting within 50 years, let alone the far off spacefuture .

It's pretty much already at that point.  The only reason bolt actions are preferred is noise (of the action) reliability (no moving parts other then the bolt).  Anyways, I don't like the idea of a bolt action in warframe, we already have the Paris which is basically a bolt action.

"Etron" being a french word for "Turd" I think the Snipetron is aptly named, in my opinion.

The Lex surpasses it in the "High damage, accurate firepower" role in every ways....

Something interesting that could be added to make the snipetron more interesting, to me, would be something like *Cough* the "trespass" skill of some masked character from another game *Cough* that skill makes it so when using a sniper rifle, you have a chance to ignore the target's shield. Or make it so when you headshot something with the snipetron, it ignores shield? Would make killing bosses possible, currently, it is near impossible to do enough sustained damage to break a boss' shield, particularly in solo. Considering the Snipetron is a solo weapon in the first place, its slow rate of fire and low ammo count makes it rather clumsy in the "Run around and shoot everywhere" scenario that is co-op mode.

I've been 9 years in the military, 6 of those as a designated marksman. I have never heard of any precision rifle with 4 bullets. The lowest modern ones that we use have 8, unless you count stuffs that use .50 BMG ammo. However, in Warframe, I didn't see any missions where we fight helicopters, APCs or need to shoot things that are 2 miles away, so I don't think we'd need to use that sort of caliber.... Not like a videogame has to be so close to reality, I just feel the snipetron is a poor excuse of a third world poor man's weapon.

Or I got it wrong from the start, and the snipetron isn't even a rifle, it is to be used like a bludgeon? Oh! Its a melee weapon! Oh ok, nevermind this post then.