Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Persistent Grineer!

Cephara

Why does it feel to me that the faction swapping on some maps appears to happen at least half the time on a typical run? While I do find the concept of swapping interesting and creative, the frequency in which it happens has a tendency to ruin any excitement I might get from it. When I start a mission fighting the Infested, why must the Grineer always intervene? And not only jumping into a level where I'm trying to take a break from headshotting their goofy faces, but completely wiping out all Infested in the process more or less defeats the purpose of doing that mission in the first place. Meanwhile, I have never seen a faction swap in the other direction - It's always the Grineer wiping out whoever else I'd started fighting with.

Edited by Cephara

I tend to agree. I LOOVE the faction swap thing but it does seem a bit unrefined. I would enjoy it more if I saw all 3 factions doing this instead of it really only happening when on Infestation exterminate maps, and it always being grinneer that show up. It would also be great if they got Rebecca to do a quick voice thing for Lotus saying that the ship/base is being boarded or invaded by said faction. I don't wanna see it play out bad tho such as, say the corpus attack a grineer ship just to die to the grineer and it makes no difference that it happened. I wanna hear the ship being boarded warning and find the 2 factions fighting it out for more than just the first room or two after it happens, I would love to see it turn into a warzone without it being so bad that I have no chance of getting through it but not so easy that I can just shoot em all without being shot back at either. Tough concept to pull of right I imagine, maybe a solution could be ensuring that in these situations the corpus, for example, have generals that show up along with the crewmen who happen to be strong enough to rival the grineer heavy's and infested ancients. For now the grineer have the upper hand on both factions with faster moving heavy units compared to both factions (the corpus having no heavy units) as well and the grinders that help stun their enemy's. 

Edited by Draketh

I concur that it would be much more interesting to have the entire level turned into a warzone of some sort. I find it highly unlikely that the Grineer are capable of wiping out every single infected in the mission, since I typically see/hear the Grineer dying more often than any Infected (watching a Grineer heavy getting stun-locked and demolished is the greatest form of gratification). I am also a bit unclear as to the real nature of the infected, but seeing as they bear a slight resemblence to Grineer, wouldn't it be safe to assume that the infected are more than capable of turning Grineer into more infected? I feel the swapping needs some fine tuning - as it stands it just feels like Grineer magically "overwrite" the infected in a level, while still keeping the Infected's higher spawn rate (which turns into a huge S#&$fest of bullets really quick).