Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prestige System Suggestion

DragonPrinces

Hey Guys

So I have been thinking about a way that a prestige system could work. I would love to know how others players and devs like this idea. If you think it is stupid by all means tell me BUT please tell me why you think so.

The first awesome thing about a prestige system allowing for an extra polarity slot would be to Expand the warframe and weapon potential of people that for whatever reason cannot afford to or are unable to buy platinum and therefore cannot get upgrades for their warframes and weapons. I know that you can get upgrades from alerts and daily rewards but let's face it those are super rare.   

The Idea I had for inserting a new Polarity slot is to be done in 2 stages.

First stage: Once you have leveled a warframe or weapon up to rank 30 you then have a menu in which you can chose to "prepare" a slot. The warframe or weapon will then drop to unranked. This slot will then be Wiped clean of any polarity it has and is set to unusable until the warframe or weapon reaches rank 30 again.

Second Stage: Once the warframe or weapon reaches rank 30 with a prepared slot(stage one) then the player selects a new polarity for the prepared slot. Once a polarity is selected the weapon is then dropped down to unranked once again. From this point the slot is usable with its new polarity.

A warframe or weapon should not be allowed to have more than one "prepared" slot at one time.

I have also thought of a market item for those that do not want to go through the effort or can afford simply not to go through the effort of doing all the leveling.

"Instant Preparation" An item that would allow a player to skip stage one and add a prepared slot to an existing rank 30 warframe or weapon allowing the player to instantly go from a rank 30 warframe or weapon to an unranked warframe or weapon with a new polarity slot.

This Item(Blueprint) can even be added to the 3 star level daily login reward system and/or alert(?) mission loot table should they so chose.

This Prestige system in my opinion would then allow for planets to be added later with much higher level Mobs.

Looking forward to reading all the replies. 

I doubt they'll implement any kind of item to speed up the process.  It's an end game mechanic, it's supposed to take some time.  Also, the prestige system would encourage people to buy affinity boosters, I doubt they'd be interested in a system that would dissaude people from buying them for that purpose.

Best bet is just to prestige and frame and then once you hit level 30 you have the option to change a slot's polarity.  No need for an kind of pointlessly convoluted mutli step system, keep it simple.

Edited by Aggh