Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Melee Visual Effects Input.

Don_Von_Hulio

I am just going to post some suggestions that ive thought of while playing Warframe.

The North Wind imo looks the best/less like an eyesore. But instead of how it looks now, it would look better if the weapon collected condensation that freezes onto it. Which would fragment (/explode) off if you hit an enemy or wall/object. Having a more dynamic "cooled air" effect would be pretty sick too, similar to the kind that you see when you open a large 8 foot long deep freezer on a hot humid summer day.

Molten Impact mod, while the weapons are at rest on the back, just a subtle bending of light due to heat would suffice to me, and maybe like a smoldering glow along the bladed edge like you see in a camp fire coals. When the weapon is swung though a "whooshing" sound accompanied by weapon being covered in fire would be so awesome, and once its finished being used the blade/blunt killing part has a more intense afterglow that fades back to normal.

Shocking Touch, i think it would be nicer toned down alot and looked alot more similiar (or exactly like lol) to Volts electricity effect that he has while the weapon isnt being used. But when its swung and connects it makes *Crack* or *POP* and a flash and intense arcing of electricity against anything thats grounded.

(Edited out Videos)

Edited by Don_Von_Hulio

What about the elemental effects for the rifle, shotgun, or pistol.  It's a little strange that they have visible effects on the melee weapons only. Don't get me wrong, the effects are apparent when the enemy gets shot, but what about when you're holding it?  It would be pretty amazing to see all your weaponry infused with power rather than just seeing the effects when using the ammo.

And wouldn't it be great that every time you boosted the level on your elemental mods that it would be more apparent on the weapon?  Say, for instance, if you maxed "Moulton Impact" that your melee weapon would look almost fully engulfed in fire and glow?  Or "Shocking Touch" maxed would have more electricity glowing around it or even stabilize to just glow super friggin' bright and make a slight hum similar to that of a Star Wars light saber?  How about "North Wind" maxed, slightly extending the melee range of your weapon and shattering your enemies about 90% of the time?

Players want to feel like their their growing with their character and with the mods they've worked so hard to get and boost.

• 2 months later...

while we're at it, i would also like to suggest a toggle option to show/hide the elemental effects on the melee weapons. (only on the melee weapon itself, not when applied to an enemy)

my scindo looks like a christmas tree with all its effects.

• 1 month later...