Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon = Broken

Vilrein

This gun is crazy powerful. I can't find any negatives about it, the only thing that comes close to a negative is it's longer reload time; which isn't really that long. It just spews death.

Maybe I'm just delusional, and only use crap guns. If anyone else has used it and feel the same please let me know, and If no one else finds the gun that powerful; feel free to say so too.

Uhm... It's a machinegun. It's job is to spew death. It's got a wind up to full firing speed and the load time is pretty damn long which can put you in bad situations. It's also not accurate at all if you want to shoot at things past medium range.

The Gorgon was the first weapon I bought and I love the thing, but I only use it when I see a super heavy enemy or a blob of enemies coming at me.

Also, yes I feel you are delusional.

The starter weapons are fairly solid, especially when upgraded all the way.

The Handcannon, though bugged, is probably my favorite side arm and 1-2 shots just about any enemy it comes into contact with. The pump shotty just about does the same but I only just got it and the auto shotty is great for clearing out blobs or running through them.

The burst pistol is the only arguably overpowered weapon I've seen so far. 3 shot burst that does anywhere from 28-50 damage per shot and it loads and fires fairly quickly. Most enemies are lucky to survive the second burst of this rather accurate weapon.

The gorgon on the other hand does 10-20 damage from what I've seen which isn't much better than the automatic rifles. Yeah it fires really fast and it fires a lot of rounds. That's what gives it its lethality, but you're going to be running through much more ammo shooting a Gorgon than you will a shotgun, a sniper rifle or a marksman rifle. Hell the burst pistol does more damage than the Gorgon and I think the starter does too per shot.

Uhm... It's a machinegun. It's job is to spew death. It's got a wind up to full firing speed and the load time is pretty damn long which can put you in bad situations. It's also not accurate at all if you want to shoot at things past medium range.

The Gorgon was the first weapon I bought and I love the thing, but I only use it when I see a super heavy enemy or a blob of enemies coming at me.

Also, yes I feel you are delusional.

The starter weapons are fairly solid, especially when upgraded all the way.

The Handcannon, though bugged, is probably my favorite side arm and 1-2 shots just about any enemy it comes into contact with. The pump shotty just about does the same but I only just got it and the auto shotty is great for clearing out blobs or running through them.

The burst pistol is the only arguably overpowered weapon I've seen so far. 3 shot burst that does anywhere from 28-50 damage per shot and it loads and fires fairly quickly. Most enemies are lucky to survive the second burst of this rather accurate weapon.

The gorgon on the other hand does 10-20 damage from what I've seen which isn't much better than the automatic rifles. Yeah it fires really fast and it fires a lot of rounds. That's what gives it its lethality, but you're going to be running through much more ammo shooting a Gorgon than you will a shotgun, a sniper rifle or a marksman rifle. Hell the burst pistol does more damage than the Gorgon and I think the starter does too per shot.

I was just basing this off of a mission I brought it through. I was killing things way more easily than I would have been with other guns. It was hitting things accurately, it hit pretty hard, and the spin up time wasn't that much of a draw back.

Ultimately I guess it doesn't really matter that much. this is a co-op game afterall.

Edited by Zerroth

Try shooting medium range and further. A lot of shots will just fly off harmlessly. Meanwhile if you're close enough that every shot will hit, yeah it's going to murder things. You're shoving 100+ rounds into them at an obscene rate of fire. I should know because I stuck a 27% rate of fire mod on mine and it goes from it's normal, fully upgraded full firing speed to... Where'd all my ammo go? It is the ultimate close range, street sweeper.

If you want to keep your distance you grab the sniper rifle or a marskan rifle which can be used to more or less the same effect.

If you want all around effectiveness you grab an assault rifle of some sort.

If you just want to make sure that one thing is dead, grab a shotgun/handcannon.

Yeah it doesn't really matter since it's co-op but MG's still get an undue ammount of hate and nerfing because of posts like this. Even though it's mainly in competitive games where the easy mode SMG is king. :p

Try shooting medium range and further. A lot of shots will just fly off harmlessly. Meanwhile if you're close enough that every shot will hit, yeah it's going to murder things. You're shoving 100+ rounds into them at an obscene rate of fire. I should know because I stuck a 27% rate of fire mod on mine and it goes from it's normal, fully upgraded full firing speed to... Where'd all my ammo go? It is the ultimate close range, street sweeper.

If you want to keep your distance you grab the sniper rifle or a marskan rifle which can be used to more or less the same effect.

If you want all around effectiveness you grab an assault rifle of some sort.

If you just want to make sure that one thing is dead, grab a shotgun/handcannon.

Yeah it doesn't really matter since it's co-op but MG's still get an undue ammount of hate and nerfing because of posts like this. Even though it's mainly in competitive games where the easy mode SMG is king. :p

I love machine guns, but when I feel like a gun is going to be way better than any other; I like to point it out. but, I'm still experimenting and I must have tried out all the lesser guns first so it merely seemed really powerful. oh well. I guess I can have the unfortunate honor of starting one of the first "oh look, it's this thread again" things. so i apologize.

I actually hate the Gorgon. I spent a lot of my early credits on working towards it but once I had it I gave it three goes and then just abandoned it from the supposedly "favoured tenno assault rifle" which is actually a lot better. It would be a lot more useful if the Gorgon gave off some kind of suppression buff where the enemy is forced to stay in cover. That way you could lower the damage but give it a unique quality.

The Gorgon actually seems to do less damage than the standard AR in practice. Even if it does more on the listed stats. So the biggest draw back I see is the round to kill ratio is fairly different between them. Buuuut at the ranges I use it and at the rate of fire it has/can have. It doesn't really matter. Works great at clearing crowds. The long reload can put you in a bad spot but that's what melee is for and the side arm of your choice. Love the hand cannon. <3

On a slightly unrelated note! Ammo pick ups should really only give ammo for guns that you carry since, just like the loot pick ups, they all look the same. I was really annoyed one match where I was out of rifle ammo for my gorgon and kept getting shotgun ammo pick ups and pistol ammo pick ups. I think, even while shooting off the handcannon, I ended up with like 500+ rounds of pistol ammo by the time I extracted and I have no idea how many shotgun shells since I can't actually see that ammo when I do't have a shotgun. That being said. The one time I brought a shotgun I had nothing but rifle ammo pick ups. D: