Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Attack Speed Scaling Incorrectly, Significantly Lower Dps For Higher Attack Speed Melees

Aeonera

I've been doing some testing on melee weapon attack speed rates (mostly because i was sick of the arbitrary attack speed numbers on melee weapons and wanted to calculate DPS) and noticed that melee attack increases (mods, higher base attack speed weapons) among the same weapon class do not give the same increase in actual hits/second.

for example, here is some of my testing values for the crossing snakes base combo using Nami Skyla and dual Ichor

aspd= 0.72, hits/60 sec= 139, hits/sec=2.32, hits/sec/aspd= 3.21

aspd=0.9, hits/60 sec= 172, hits/sec=2.87, hits/sec/aspd=3.19

aspd=1.1, hits/60 sec= 193, hits/sec=3.21, hits/sec/aspd=2.96

aspd=1.42, hits/60 sec= 220, hits/sec=3.67, hits/sec/aspd=2.56

as attack speed increases, the hits per second per point of attack speed decrease more and more. if extrapolated to max attack speed (2.64) on the dual ichors, this gives a hits/second value of roughly 4.4, this is 48% lower then the expected value of 8.47 hits/sec, almost halving the expected dps of the weapon, making it vastly weaker.

considering that melee weapons are already weak compared to primary and secondary weapons, i think this needs to be corrected, they are simply ineffectual now, even with the multipliers they recieve.

Edited by Aeonera