Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Make A Beast Out Of Snipetron?

Lukerez

I have it at level two now so obviously it can only be so powerful.  I'm playing as a Volt so if you guys have any ideas on how I could make it super lethal, that'd be greatly appreciated. 

I was thinking reload speed and jacked damage boosts.

Damage can only take you so far - you can probably instagib Grineer heads with a stock Snipetron till some of the higher planets. However, armor piercing would allow you to headshot Corpus scrubs, and ice damage would help against Moa shields, and and.. well, damage isn't that bad.

Reload would be a priority though, since mag size won't increase all that much.

Edited by LoRDxDeMoN

No matter what mods you put on the Snipetron, they will be more useful on another weapon.

Pre-update 7, the Snipetron was a beast, now it's pretty average in all respects

If you want a sniper rifle, grab a Lex (the pistol), and mod that to your hearts content, it's a much better sniper rifle than the sniper rifle.

Edited by miniKAD

Snipetron benefits more from crit mods (both chance and damage) than most other weapons. I wouldn't recommend focusing on lower rank crit mods right away, but at higher ranks they can make quite a difference. The main thing you want to aim for is raw damage, as the ideal for a snipetron is to never take more than 1 shot to down a target.

Also a random tip, your clip is actually loaded at 75% of the reload timer, so you can interrupt it with a quick action like a melee swing, or tapping guard to cancel the last bit of the reload and still have your clip ready to fire when you recover. Only has a significant impact on slow reloading weapons, which the Snipetron is, and can make a big difference in your overall downtime with it.

Snipetron benefits more from crit mods (both chance and damage) than most other weapons. I wouldn't recommend focusing on lower rank crit mods right away, but at higher ranks they can make quite a difference. The main thing you want to aim for is raw damage, as the ideal for a snipetron is to never take more than 1 shot to down a target.

Also a random tip, your clip is actually loaded at 75% of the reload timer, so you can interrupt it with a quick action like a melee swing, or tapping guard to cancel the last bit of the reload and still have your clip ready to fire when you recover. Only has a significant impact on slow reloading weapons, which the Snipetron is, and can make a big difference in your overall downtime with it.

Thanks for the random tip!  I come from Mass Effect multiplayer so reload cancelling is all too familiar to me.  

yea, but it's not officially documented anywhere here, I'm not sure whether it's intended or not, but for now it works.

As for more mod specifics, Serration (base damage increase) and the multishot mod (don't remember the name for rifles) should be top priority, as they increase your core damage which all other damage types scale off of. And Depending on the type of enemies you prefer to fight, I would say generally armor piercing damage is a good first specialty type to pick up, as it has major benefits against some of the harder to down units in the game without a huge penalty on the ones its not great against. The enemies AP is weakest against are mostly the standard infested units, which you wont wan't to be trying to fight with a snipetron when they get anywhere near you anyways.

I always felt that the Snipetron just doesn't fit the pace of Warframe's combat. I'll try it out at some point I guess but I do have a level 30 Latron already.

I had a Latron (30, no cat) and a Snipetron (30, no cat).  The Latron fits WF much better.  Unless you are using a support Frame and have a good sidearm to cover your &#! from the occasional straggler while the rest of your team is plowing the road in front of you, don't bother with the Snipetron.  I prefer the Lex over both anyway, but I need to put a cat on it to get it to its maximum potential.