Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Controller Support Request And Question

--RV--DeadRoy

(This may be in the wrong section)

I couldn't wait for warframe to arrive on xbox one....AND not just because the game is expanding, but to see how the controls will work on an xbox one joystick. And I loved the idea (actually, I used almost the same setup, with the exception for the mark target button), so I have a request

In xbox one, you just need to double tap your crouch button to roll, so that probably means that if you hold it down, it doesn't mean that you only start to crouch/slide after about 1,5 seconds, but instead immediaetly (right?), so my request is to pls make the *roll, slide, crouch* controller button binding work the same way in the pc version of warframe as it works in the xbox one version, pls

I also have a question

Could there be a way to bring the pc version of warframe into "controller mode" without using big picture mode with steam?

Thank you for reading, and thank you DE :D

I was about to make a thread on the UI section about how bad the controls are on controllers but then I stumbled upon this.

Are you saying steam big picture makes controller support inside warframe better? I haven't had steam client installed since forever ago but if it allows mod installation and accepting sides with conflicts I just might. Not to mention (x360)  A button/ (ps3) X button to work reliably that'd be great.

Also I don't quite follow on your crouch mechanics, as it stands if you bind roll/crouch/slide on a button it rolls when you press it crouches if you hold it and slides if you sprint and hold and this seems to work pretty well.

There was an older post in the steam community about big picture mode enabling controller support (including login) in Warframe. I tried it a few times and never got it to work. Stopped using steam to directly access Warframe and use the steam shortcut instead. Yes Steam is still running in the background but not taking up unecessary resources as it did when the big picture overlay was active.

In general controller support on PC needs a whole new level of love from the Devs. They are bound to address it, however a response on this generic topic would be very welcomed.

Well, first of all, if you start the game in big picture mode with an xbox 360 OR xbox one controller (drivers for these controllers should be installed), then yeah, the game will pretty much have the ui of the xbox one, and it functions almost 100% properly....yeah, they do need a bit of tuning, and also, what I said about the crouch slide roll button: if you wanna crouch, then you need to hold it.....for about 2 seconds, and that delay is just simply too much. But they figured this out in the console versions, where if you hold down the button, you will begin to crouch/slide immedieatly, and if you wanna roll, you just double tap dat........I also mentioned that it would be awesome if the game could be accesed in *controller UI mode* without big picture.......also, the controller button binding is BROKEN RIGHT NOW, can't bind anything to the following buttons on an xbox 360: start, select, left trigger, and what my d-pad right button should be doing is doing what the d-pad down button should be doing (and vice versa), AND finally, when I press start to bring up the menu, The game won't open the chat screen when I'm pressing the left trigger....and vice versa :(

Edited by Deadroy97