Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Rework To Void Missions And The Rewards.

OverlordMcGeek

We were asked a while ago about the good ol'days and I responded: I remember when we had easy void rewards not this clogged up RNG hell.

There is a pain getting rewards from missions that are not Survival or Defense or Interception even if you are one of those few that get lucky off the bat. Survivals stack while at Defense/Interception we can leave when we want but doesn't stack, but at least we can keep going until we get it. My idea is simple, add the same continue mission choice once other keys such as exterminate, capture, and mobile defense. This can be done by closing off all the doors but one to continue if that option or extract if you don't want to continue(something that should have been implemented already with survival extraction). This option to close all the doors but one is so that there won't be any tile-sets left behind to crush the host's computer and to randomly generate new tile's ahead instead. The new option to keep going can make it so that we save on keys and keep going in order to get the rewards the player would be desiring.

P.S. Obviously with each continue option the enemies will scale and each tier key will keep the same rewards through out, not stack like it used to in survival(T1's at 40+ minutes magically generating T2 rewards).

It seems to be a convenient way to solve the rewards problem with "not too much work".

As said above, rewards shouldn't stack. And enemy lvl shouldn't necessarily increase fast honestly.

Later, we can imagine that you would leave a ship, take your archwing and fly towards another one in the vicinity (or another side of the same ship)... That would be so much immersive ! And mission objective could change, still with the same reward table, because why not ?

Edited by Lluid

That's not a bad idea.

Would it continue indefinitely, though? And if so, can you only keep one reward, the last one you got, from the mission? Or do rewards stack?

I was thinking it would continue indefinitely in the way as you extract when you would like to or believe its getting too much for you. For rewards stacking I was going for a more Interception/Defense feel where they don't stack as to leave survival with its own unique setup; maybe add the same survival stacking with the endless mobile defense missions since you take 2-3 at a time to make it a bit more fair.