Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Weapon Should I Craft Next?

razylich

Question

10 answers to this question

Dual Ether Dual Ether Dual Ether.

These things are completely insane. The combination of armor ignore/triple infested damage/good ROF on normal attacks, AND the quick charge time for charged attacks against bigger targets like ancients combined with +charge dmg mod... They are absolutely awesome against big and small targets. Biggest drawback imo is that the range isn't great, making jump attacks less effective against a group. Small price to pay though I think.

My mods are nowhere near maxed (I just hit acct lvl2) and I can wipe out the ancients in Xini in about 4-5 charged shots which with the -charge time mod takes no time at all. Normal attacks against all the little guys are 3 shots kills max and are ridic fast.

I'm thinking about building a gram, but my little brother has both and reckons the Dual Ethers are tonnes better.

Think my next build will be the dual vipers :)

EDIT - Should add that with freeze(and maybe stun)dmg combined with the great ROF means crowd control is so much easier. Freeze everybody close with 2-3 well placed normal strikes, then charge up and wail on their frozen asses.

Edited by zarvox

I'm thinking about building a gram, but my little brother has both and reckons the Dual Ethers are tonnes better.

Pretty much, but let me clarify: I like the look of a Gram, as it's a big two-handed sword and it makes a satisfying thunk. And I imagine with a +charge damage or suitably souped up Armor Penetration mod, it would easily be a potential go-to for when you need to bisect an Ancient (as far as I can tell, Gram does double damage even to Ancients). Outside of that situation, I'd recommend Dual Ether, as they seem to work in many more situations.