Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammunition Modules Want You!

MonoLyth

Just suggesting a slight mod of the current formulas used in the ammo mods. (please note level 1 for this equation is the base mod when equipped, more commonly referred too as level 0)

Pistol*        = (burst)+(lvl+1)*(lvl*5%)      *if not a burst fire weapon then burst = 0

Shotgun    = (lvl+1)*(lvl*10%)

Rifle*         = (burst)+(lvl+2)*(lvl*15%)   *if not a burst fire weapon then burst = 0

For those that don't like looking at equations example:

e.g. Pistols:

Lex is non burst fire, equipped with lvl 2 magazine extension = base clip 6 = (2+1)*(2*5%) = 6+3+10%=                     9.9

Sicarus is burst 3 fire, equipped with lvl 2 magazine extension = base clip 15 = (3)+(2+1)*(2*5%) = 15+3+3+10% =   23.1

e.g. Shotguns:

Strun is Shotgun equipped with lvl 3 mag extension = base clip 6 = (3+1)*(3*10%) = 6+4+30% =                                13

Boar is Shotgun equipped with lvl 1 mag extension = base clip 10= (1+1)*(1*10%) = 10+2+10% =                              13.2

e.g. Rifles:

Burston is burst 3 fire, equipped with lvl 2 mag extension = base clip 45 = (3)+(2+2)*(2*15%) = 45+3+4+30% =         67.6

Gorgon is non burst, equipped with lvl 4 mag extension = base clip 90 = (4+2)*(4*15%) = 90+6+60% =                    153.6

Looks like a nice change, the clip size mods could really use a boost.  Only thing I'd modify is on the burst-fire weapons, round down the clip size to the nearest multiple of the burst size.  So in the case of the sicarus example the clip size would be 21, and the burston would be 66.  That way players wouldn't run out of ammo mid-burst.

Edited by Fretless

Yeah I was also looking at the burst size and making it divide equally into a full burst. Mind you I did post this at about 0200 so my complex reasoning wasn't all that crash hot. Another option would be a separate module for bursts that actually increase the number in a burst and adjust clip size retroactively to always have x bursts

Ok so an update to this post goes something like this. First is a slight modification of my burst fire formula to include rounding

Burston is burst 3 fire, equipped with lvl 2 mag extension = base clip 45 = (3)+(2+2)*(2*15%) = 45+3+4+30% =         67.6

To:

Burston is burst 3 fire, equipped with lvl 2 mag extension = base clip 45 =((3)+(2+2)*(2*15%)/3) = 45+3+4+30%= 67.6/3=22.53 ~ 23bursts = 23*3=69

Apart from my OP I still believe the %/level of respective magazine sizes needs to be addressed. However there could be an interesting additional alternative. Just add a module that is a +1/level module that can be used in conjunction with the current magazine size improvement modules. That way for the weapons with horrendously low magazine counts you can use the flat +1/level module, and for those that have even the slightest mental math capability to work out % in your head for when it is best to use those modules.

I'll give you a hint 5 rounds with a 10% bonus is 5.5 so rounds to 6. 5 rounds with a 15%, 20% or even 25% will still only be a 6 round magazine. 

So those weapons with really low magazine counts to start with will benefit the most from flat +1/level bonus modules and the higher magazine count weapons make the % bonus a better fit. Using both modules at once would need to calculate the flat bonus first then the +% bonus second, would still only benefit a small number of weapons that fall on the goldielocks line of ammo counts though